Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good buy?

Default A good buy?

I’m considering buying this rifle but since I’m not the most knowledgeable on this rifle I’d like to ask for your guys’ opinion. Would you say it’s a good buy or would it be too much to spend $1000 on it? Thanks.

Mod edit: removed auction link.
    Last edited by CanadianAR; 02-15-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowida View Post
    I’m considering buying this rifle but since I’m not the most knowledgeable on this rifle I’d like to ask for your guys’ opinion. Would you say it’s a good buy or would it be too much to spend $1000 on it? Thanks.

[/url]

Welcome to our forum. Please be advised, there is no linking to live auctions. You can post the photos, but not the auction.

KJ
    Last edited by Hambone; 02-15-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    "Was wären Ihre Männer lieber, müde oder tot?" - Rommel

As KJ stated no live auctions are allowed to be posted here, but I will say this it's a very interesting, rifle. You're allowed to post pictures here post some pictures of the rifle and I will explain more.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Seller says in the title - "MATCHING STOCK!" and in the body "Stock has original bcd/eagle coded Cartouches throughout!! All the numbers are matching throughout however trigger plate appears to have some extra numbers. Screws are also numbered to the rifle." I don't see any of this??

Well the 'extra numbers' part is right I guess?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    ..post some pictures of the rifle and I will explain more.
    stock.jpgstock2.jpgscrew and stock.jpgscrew and stock2.jpgextra numbers.jpg
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

if I recall where you not advised last week to due some research here and at shows, before you impulse buy

also you do not have the experience to buy properly on-line, you may get lucky

Here is the best K98k buy you'll ever find:

https://www.thirdpartypress.com/prod...bookset1_2.htm

If you really just need a K98 to scratch the itch, PM me for a decent little mixmaster Mauser.
    Last edited by GulagACapella; 02-15-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse."

Did you see pictures of the left side of the receiver HM? The firing proofs look like mauser Borsigwalde style as well as the stock stamps.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Looking like a Mauser Oberndorf stock with E/135 stamps...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin5000 View Post
    Looking like a Mauser Oberndorf stock with E/135 stamps...
    That's what I thought however for me only one of the photos with stock stamps was clear enough for me to even confirm.

Jordan I didn't look at the proofs specifically and didn't notice anything offhand. I couldn't reconcile any way the stock for quite a few reasons. Still should have been externally serialed and the acceptance patterns aren't right for a '41 either.

I would nearly 100% expect a Menzel 'C' stock with the serial and suffix on the keel and internally numbered wood. e/749 acceptance. Also the bottom metal is not only the wrong numbers but wrong supplier too.