Third Party Press

Dies for humping everything

IMO, use of those with nefarious intent is analogous to counterfeiting, and should be enforced accordingly.

KJ

I wanna buy some of those stamps and stamp my AR15 with German stamps.

Then say it was a rare prototype WWII German army rifle.
With a straight face.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm patiently awaiting the arrival on Gunbroker of the elusive and mysterious Freemason marked refurbished Mosin-Nagant.

Yes, Poland and quality of observed offerings are NOT to par with original.

Give him time and it will be !!!!!!!!!

that's not a stamp, its a vinyl sticky template, there is a guy over on the AK site's selling that exact template to engrave your own, if I find his add, I will come back and edit the is post,

we mark AK stamped receivers and ar-15 lowers with these , template, battery w/ salt water

on the dies

I am not going to give them Ideas by saying whats missing

Ouch. This hurts. Makes collecting for newbies scary. One of the reasons I haven’t gotten into K98s (scared of getting taken) as I don’t know to much about them yet..

I got lucky with my first m1 carbine, solid shooter at fair price. But idk where to even start with k98s
Hang out here and you will learn a lot

Well I guess I’m gonna have to find a RC capture on the forum at a good price, from a well known member. I’ve never even laid hands on a K98, super rural area and don’t know many other enthusiasts. I like to get my Hands on items, tear into them, and learn about them as I go. I do better with hands on experience and will more than likely not want to start with a collector item. As long as the stamps/markings have not been peened

My advice for a 1st K98k is don’t turn up your nose at a peened rifle. Mostly you can still see the defaced marks for verification purposes, and they can be excellent shooters. Then, because it’s been peened, you don’t have to feel bad if you slip w/a screwdriver & leave a new mark on it. And maybe at a decent price, and have at least some matching parts! For a shooter/learner, I’d take a peened rifle w/good bore over a non-peened rifle w/out any matching parts.
Of course, your $$, your choice!

Thanks
My advice for a 1st K98k is don’t turn up your nose at a peened rifle. Mostly you can still see the defaced marks for verification purposes, and they can be excellent shooters. Then, because it’s been peened, you don’t have to feel bad if you slip w/a screwdriver & leave a new mark on it. And maybe at a decent price, and have at least some matching parts! For a shooter/learner, I’d take a peened rifle w/good bore over a non-peened rifle w/out any matching parts.
for the
thanks for the advice, but not having one peened is 99.99% of what I am looking for in a rifle. Don’t care if it’s not matching, been shellacked by the Ruskies. As long as it’s a “decent” shooter, I’m okay. I mostly shoot my carbines and Garands. I will shoot it occasionally, but mostly want it for that era of history.

Military Rifle Journal
Back