Third Party Press

SS Gew98 to K98k conversion - Lazy S Deaths Head owner wanted

Absolut

I checked all of my SS Gew98 to K98k conversions and unfortunately I found all other kinds of Deaths Heads, but not the one which is commonly referred as "Lazy S" Deaths Head. Therefore I'm kindly asking if the owners of such a converted rifle could check whether they have a Lazy S Deaths Head and if yes, if they could help me.

As some might had seen (or not seen) I've recently purchased a P.08 pistol which has scrubbed year and manufacturer, the year being replaced by a Lazy S Deaths Head (if not, please see this thread here: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?39874-Deaths-Head-Luger-08 ). I wanted to compare this Deaths Head now with the one on the K98k rifle and was wondering if someone could help me. The Deaths Head on my 08 is quite exactly 5 mm long and approx. 5,5 mm high. Please post pictures of your Deaths Head and if possible also let me know the dimensions. Thanks!

If you do a search on this site for Lazy S or Deaths Head you'll see that mrfarb has a post called "Let's talk SS Deaths Heads" that shows two different ones and I'm sure there are others.:happy0180:
I like the overall look of your Luger and have high hopes for it, I have kept notes on the measurements of an original one and it's the same dimensions as yours. I could be of more help if you posted better pics. of yours.

Last edited:
Attached three mobile phone shots I've did yesterday evening. Thanks for confirming the identical size! I remember the other thread, but couldn't find any references to the size.

Attachments

• tk1.jpg
    tk1.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 65
  • tk2.jpg
    tk2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 56
  • tk3.jpg
    tk3.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 50
I learnt that I'm not that of a good photographer when it gets to Macros, but I've tried my best. See the attachments.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 37
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 39
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 37
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 40
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 35
Lazy S

These are the pictures I have.
Yours is a tough one because the stamp bounced when struck creating a double image, somewhat smeared in places.
I'm starting to wonder if there weren't also a couple of variations of this "Lazy S stamp".
Hopefully experts will chime in on this topic.

Attachments

• IMG_5325.jpg
    IMG_5325.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5326.jpg
    IMG_5326.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I took measurements on a couple of mine with a set of calipers. I measured similar to yours at 5.41mm high and 5mm wide.

I didn’t take any pictures since most of mine are probably on here already either posted by myself or previous owners.

Military Rifle Journal
Back