Third Party Press

German 33/40 parartrooper information

manucrevette

Registered
hello Guys
I'm looking to find information about the DOT production of 33/40 with folding stock for german paratrooper , estimated production etc...

best regard manu

Last edited:
Hoping the experts will weigh in on this one, or has it been previously discussed? I'm here to learn.

I don't think there is much documentation on these guns available, but I'd be very pleased to see more pictures of your rifle. What did you obscure with a white marking on the first picture?
What I noticed about your rifle, it had been apart (screws in magazine guard were always staked in line with the screw head), plus the inletting of the side buttplate had been plugged. Would that part maybe had interfered when being folded and therefore it was plugged?

Mauser K98 sportarized

Hoping the experts will weigh in on this one, or has it been previously discussed? I'm here to learn.
I have a WWII sportarized mauser k98. I was hoping to learn more about this rifle and possibly what it's worth. I see you seem to know your stuff!

I was looking for something else when I by accident saw the exact drawing for this folding mechanism in "The Mauser Archive" by Jon Speed. In Image 208 he shows the drawing with the caption "208. Hand drawing of a conceptual folding stock for sporting rifles, signed by Fritz Hausser in 1931." The drawing seem to show the same folding mechanism as your rifle - unfortunately it seems you have removed your pictures. Also I think you had posted another reply which seems to be gone as well?

Military Rifle Journal
Back