Third Party Press

Dual Code and dated/Triple Maker K98 CE/BNZ/359

agentcq

I passed on this rifle during three shows due to overall condition and because it was a MM.
However upon further inspection I noticed a few things and decided to get it.

359 contracted receiver (left receiver stamp), stamped and dated ce (in script) over 43, likely rejected and stamped and finished bnz over 4 serial 9393 ‘n’ suffix. Reich eagle on the left barrel and receiver. Barrel marked DL bnz1 shield and waa 623. Rear sight base marked left side waa 623.

Left side has three numbers/letters can’t make out in one line and then slightly higher another three number “153”. Similar location of numbering a Yugo capture but no “w” letter prefix and not stamped similar to a Yugo capture.

Took the action out, no other clues than the odd lucky charm marking.

I either have something cool and unique or a piece of junk. Came with an original sling, nice stock (cross bolt 214 f marked and cost the same as an RC.

Attachments

• BFBC31FD-4036-46B2-A8E2-FCA1F56CF068.jpg
    BFBC31FD-4036-46B2-A8E2-FCA1F56CF068.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 170
  • C6009616-0B7A-4622-9073-3697471E4BB5.jpg
    C6009616-0B7A-4622-9073-3697471E4BB5.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 117
  • F34A42F7-5C11-4E4A-A014-2FE776A1267F.jpg
    F34A42F7-5C11-4E4A-A014-2FE776A1267F.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 132
  • AFE230B0-33E7-4A04-914D-2F6E34C8BD3A.jpg
    AFE230B0-33E7-4A04-914D-2F6E34C8BD3A.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 111
  • F5AE58D0-2D49-4C5C-800B-C27ED2EFC0A8.jpg
    F5AE58D0-2D49-4C5C-800B-C27ED2EFC0A8.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 114
Handstamp bnz 4 built out on a Walther supplied unused JPS 43. Very cool. Being an n block it fits right in.

Forgot to mention that O.A.C? 153 on the right I have no idea other than I'd guess a post-war user? Looks a bit used/abused. Still an interesting rifle IMHO.

Thanks to Jack for bumping this. I just really noticed how awful that RR final is. Crooked and poorly struck. I also noticed what totally looks like a hardness test strike on the RL. Photos 3 and 4 for reference.

Saw this at a local show way back in Sept and sent Mike and Paul the data on it. When I was looking at it the guy was asking an outrageous amount of money for it. Hopefully you got it for a lot cheaper than that. Cool rifle.

jbmauser - I am surprised we have never met up at a show. I usually have tables. Gopher Gunsmithing (Will Porter Jr.) had the rifle at a few shows, I had glanced at it numerous times but the overall condition always made me pass. Then during a quiet show I ended up taking a closer look and I realized how interesting it really was. We had another deal going, so I think I'm $700-800 CDN into it. More than I would like to pay for a rifle in that condition, but standard RC's seem to go at that rate and this was pretty unique. Will Porter Jr. is also a good customer and friend of mine, so I didn't mind perhaps overpaying for a rifle a bit too. No Gun Shows in the near future (all canceled or postponed) but PM me when they kick up again!!

Saw this at a local show way back in Sept and sent Mike and Paul the data on it. When I was looking at it the guy was asking an outrageous amount of money for it. Hopefully you got it for a lot cheaper than that. Cool rifle.

jbmauser - I am surprised we have never met up at a show. I usually have tables. Gopher Gunsmithing (Will Porter Jr.) had the rifle at a few shows, I had glanced at it numerous times but the overall condition always made me pass. Then during a quiet show I ended up taking a closer look and I realized how interesting it really was. We had another deal going, so I think I'm $700-800 CDN into it. More than I would like to pay for a rifle in that condition, but standard RC's seem to go at that rate and this was pretty unique. Will Porter Jr. is also a good customer and friend of mine, so I didn't mind perhaps overpaying for a rifle a bit too. No Gun Shows in the near future (all canceled or postponed) but PM me when they kick up again!!

We may very well have been at the same shows multiple times. I live close to the AB border and usually go to the Lloydminster show (didn't this year tho), so if you have a table or are going there next time we should definitely meet up for a chat. I also go the North Battleford show of course and the Saskatoon one once in a while if you ever come this far east.

7-800 isn't too bad considering the market up here, he was asking a lot more than that when I saw it.

Saskatoon and Lloydminster every year. We likely crossed paths. Will Jr. Was at North Battleford (September), think he was asking $1200ish, but I got it in trade for a faux SVT40 sniper. I use to be in Wainwright when this forum first started, now Edmonton.

We may very well have been at the same shows multiple times. I live close to the AB border and usually go to the Lloydminster show (didn't this year tho), so if you have a table or are going there next time we should definitely meet up for a chat. I also go the North Battleford show of course and the Saskatoon one once in a while if you ever come this far east.

7-800 isn't too bad considering the market up here, he was asking a lot more than that when I saw it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back