Third Party Press

Surprise - Bought sight unseen

Hellraiser

Bought this one yesterday, sight unseen

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

It's still in a depot, I hope to have it released within 2 months.

These are the only things I had to go on,

-Reproduction Zielvier
-no maker, no idea if it's matching or not

Does anyone of the more educated members want to make a guess?

Kind Regards,
Johan

One thing I noticed and haven't told you yet, rear barrel band on the wrong side, so had been apart.

Thanks Georg,
But I was referring to what rifle it could be,
some members can tell it just looking at the stock

Well .. the stock looks good in that it appears to not have been sanded, but the question has to be whether the stock is original to the action in it or not. The same applies to the metal that I can see - doesn't appear to be reblued, rather original finish. But one would need to assume it has matching serial numbers on metal parts and stock, then one would need to consider the milled front barrel band as well as the stamped rear barrel band and stamped magazine guard - a mixture from a very particular period. It could fit to the 1943 date you already know of. It is not the small takedown disc stock, so not a Sauer stock. This is just wild guessing, it would be better to wait until you have it rather than to make assumptions from part that may or may not be original to a rifle.

First shots on 100m today.
Didnt have any tools with me so I
kept sliding the poa towards the left until
I was aiming on the edge of the target.
Just have to move the scope to the left
and I'm done.

a7d920b9-eed7-4952-b997-67f4bdb4dc88.jpg

069abece-e4fb-43a5-9363-b1774d7f325f.jpg

a4cb7c8c-9a5b-49c9-be35-13b7c57eb7f3.jpg

c7b66cab-2f6f-4ac1-93c1-7e4ba4677349.jpg

9515d2a7-73a1-4b4e-8dd5-6d464c808c72.jpg

820254ed-1c7e-4996-9080-e2c706bfe97b.jpg

a0b3220c-3eec-4230-a1c1-33a660589882.jpg

Rifle is a dot43 b-block bolt mismatch

Wow, those pictures are absolute eye candy. Beautiful rifle. I am in the process of building a BNZ 41 (previously sporterized) early war repro with an Accumounts SSR. I’m using a vintage Czech Meopta Artemis 4 power that very closely resembles the ZF-39. I’ll have to post some pictures when it’s complete.

Thanks,

yes, ranges over here opened again last week.
on reservation only with face masks, gloves, alcohol spray, ...

But at least we can shoot again :thumbsup:

This is the place on google maps:

Small circle is the office where you go for the paperwork

Big circle is the workshop where you have to present the rifle for proofing.

Attachments

• luik.jpg
    luik.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 22
Well done Hellraiser, congrats :happy0180: That’s a solid good 100m group in your first outing and means there is much better to come. :thumbsup:

Thanks Hambone,

Went through the rifle yesterday because I had to disassemle it completely:

- put the action in a different stock because of the fear of cracking the stock or recoil lug setback caused by the proofing rounds
- had to disassemble the scope mount because the serial number was behind it.

So far discovered:

- action was not shiny from a film of oil, but had been varnished and rust was forming below the varnish
(cleaned with a lot of paint thinner and gave it a clean with ballistol afterwards)
I read that paint thinner wouldn't harm the bluing but it was scary to see the metal go lighter as the varnish came off together with rust..

- shimmed the action because the action screws were loose

- scope mount was glued shut with locktite so I had to drill out one screw and had to whack the thing off..

To do:

- order new screws at the hardware store and some more range time :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back