Third Party Press

WWII Vis 35 Radom - Type 1 Three Lever Slotted

Oldnrth

Picked this up on one of my trips out to visit family in OH, guy had it on armslist our in the middle of farmland.
da857d1ccad2758b72dc36f5eeea1bdb.jpg
Had a mismatched nickeled slide stop when I got it but found a nice original slide stop for a reasonable price and picked it up, bluing matches perfectly. Disassembled and it all matches except for the barrel (knew barrel didn’t match when I bought it). Have always wanted one of these early Radoms, should’ve probably passed but the price was decent and it was there. I will try to get some additional pictures posted as well, just took a quick one before I put her into the safe. Has a “V” marked magazine but no waffenampt, from my research still an original magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice Vis 35. One of these is on my short list for sure.
Will keep a watch for more photos.

Congrats

Thanks for the feedback! Will get more pictures in a week or two. After replacing the slide stop I’m into it for $800, with the mismatched barrel still think that’s a fair place? A little new to the firearms collecting so trying to pin what’s “fair” is a moving target (no pun intended). Being an earlier slotted version thought I’d take a chance.

Thanks for the feedback! Will get more pictures in a week or two. After replacing the slide stop I’m into it for $800, with the mismatched barrel still think that’s a fair place? A little new to the firearms collecting so trying to pin what’s “fair” is a moving target (no pun intended). Being an earlier slotted version thought I’d take a chance.

Very nice, the best of the 9mm German pistols IMO. The grips look odd but maybe screw driver issue??

Very nice, the best of the 9mm German pistols IMO. The grips look odd but maybe screw driver issue??

I didn’t fully screw down the grips after the picture as I still needed to pull it apart and clean the whole piece. I would concur it’s a very well made gun, great feel to it. Partial to the hi power but the Radom fits the hand like a glove.

Fine pistols to be sure. One of the first auto pistols I ever bought was a nice H-bloc (first series) example with original holster and spare magazine. Picked it up at the Great Western Show about 1975, for $75.00, which was a very fair price at the time. This ultimately lead to me owning about 17 P35s, before I sold them off in 1981...the proceeds of which became the down payment for a home. Most of them are pictured in Bob Berger's red-cover "RADOM PISTOLS" booklet. Still have the 1939 Polish Eagle I had back then, which I purchased back from another owner a decade later, and a first series D-bloc (non-slotted).

Military Rifle Journal
Back