Third Party Press

JGA 4mm Wehrsportkarabiner

swjXE

Gents,
I have a friend who has acquired a very late 4mm J. G. Anschutz Trainer in very nice condition, the only upset is that the front band is missing.
This variation uses the bayonet bar and the same front band as the KKW.
I post this in the hope that one of you have a front band that you can sell him for this worthy project.

the front bands on these are made of pot metal. Some sort of casting. I have owned a few of these. Its an H band held on with a pin. Finding an original will be near impossible. I think a standard H band is the same dimensions ?
If you try one from a K98k as a sample.

the front bands on these are made of pot metal. Some sort of casting. I have owned a few of these. Its an H band held on with a pin. Finding an original will be near impossible. I think a standard H band is the same dimensions ?
If you try one from a K98k as a sample.

Thanks 99,
This clears up some confusion for me because he told me a big chunk was missing from the band and I couldn't figure how that was possible with no other damage to the gun.
Knowing now that it's made of pot metal at least clears that up. He seems to think that a standard pinned on style KKW, Standardmodell or Banner K band will work. So I'll keep trying to find that,
since like you say, finding a pot metal one would be next to impossible.:googlie

I owned one where one of the top bridge pieces was broken off. It was noticeable but didn't bother me that much.
Its anodized looks blued but the material is white metal. Not sure why they bothered ? the lower band is the same as a dsm34

Last edited:
You can get lucky and find trainer bands, but its rare.

I can't find the original thread, but I remember someone else asked about the band pin in the past and MrFarb mentioned that you can use a cleaning rod to make a replacement. I cannot remember exactly which rifle cleaning rod though.

Military Rifle Journal
Back