Third Party Press
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 98k 22cal conversion kit

Quote Originally Posted by jhrrat View Post
    Thanks for all the information , the seller and I worked it out, I’m returning the kit.
    James
    That's good that he did that James. Congrats.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Returning the kit, cost me a f rating, ouch!

Returning the kit, cost me a f rating, ouch!
    You saved over a grand. The seller was deceptive if he did not note cut barrel in the ad. It can be argued that was obvious from the pic, but that's the argument of a huckster. Perhaps the seller did not know, but he cannot then give you an F because he could not expect you to have known too.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

I agree with Ham, you shouldn’t have gotten an F rating. What was the seller asking for the kit? Getting a complete and matching kit costs some money as they are not as common complete.

Getting a negative rating, a F, is total BS. This isn't your fault it is the sellers. He didn't accurately describe the item, if he didn't know it was "cut" that is still on him, not you. I would contact whomever you contact on Gunboards, explain the situation and provide all documentation between you and the seller. Request to have the negative feedback removed.

Post a link to the ad.

Closed auction, Gunbroker item # 858047186. Really no big deal, just was a shock when I saw it, could have been less harsh, I returned the favor!
    James

It has been relisted on Gun Broker and there is no mention of the shortened barrel on the kit. If it was all correct I would think the price would be in the correct ballpark. As it sits, it is way overpriced. I thought the floor plate was scrubbed.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/858047186

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/863239033

“Also: There is no evidence the barrel was ever shortened.“

Other than the fact that the barrel was shortened.
    Last edited by Hambone; 03-29-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Closed auction, Gunbroker item # 858047186. Really no big deal, just was a shock when I saw it, could have been less harsh, I returned the favor!
    James
    Still doesn't hurt to try and get it removed. You never know when that perfect rifle will show up, even on gunbroker--every once a rifle isn't complete trash... like once a year.