Third Party Press

Haven't Seen One Of These In Awhile...

Technically, we don't allow people to post auctions. But, this is a personal call by the mod of the section as to whether or not he nukes a post with an auction. Most times people don't do it to promote. I do nuke some post, but others I let stand, depending on the item. If you think its something under the radar and the post is from a newbie trying to vet the auction, nuke it. If the post shows an overpriced item for sale I doubt it matters.

I wish I could've snatched this one up. Not a horrible price compared to what I've seen on Dealer sites

Bret Stewart

I wish I could've snatched this one up. Not a horrible price compared to what I've seen on Dealer sites
Bret Stewart

That is why I posted the URL. I belong to several Forums and each has it's own criteria (or none at all). Regardless, I won't post a live auction on any of them unless the item represented is either a totally bogus/craftily bogus one (as a warning to others), or a "Buy It Now" item I believe would benefit one of the members. Since the luft blue frog looked totally legit, and was for sale to anyone (not an auction), I thought a fellow collector from our group might benefit (and perhaps someone did).

What mrfarb and pwcosol said; that's why the post was not pulled.

The price was more than fair. A bargain actually .....

Hmm my ebay app doesn't say sold, just ended. Weird but congrats to whoever got it.

Hmm my ebay app doesn't say sold, just ended. Weird but congrats to whoever got it.

Used "Advanced Search" under the seller's UUID, and checking both "Completed" & "Sold" listing categories. Frog shows up in both.
Sometimes items won't turn up until Ebay registers that verified payment has been received.

I'm in agreement with what was said and have been a fan of the way things have been 'policed'. It's not so common to find common sense applied to matters anymore. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
"Flip That Frog"

A post-script to this thread: A fellow collector said he saw the frog when it was first listed, with the BIN price being $650.00. My guess is someone contacted the seller with an offer, the listing was revised with the $500.00 BIN price, and prospective buyer immediately bought it. Oh, Yea...just saw this listing. Talk about "price-gouging":

To make matters worse, it's the very same frog. Compare the pics ......

He is a big flipper. He bought a canvas plane tail swastika cutout from the top dollar guild for $1200, and has it on his site for $2500.....pride of the hobby.

To make matters worse, it's the very same frog. Compare the pics ......

You know, I took a quick look at the listing and it did seem familiar! Hope the guy chokes on it. In that same vein, last Thursday COSTCO issued a statement they would not honor returns of towels, toiler paper, antibacterial wipes or soaps. So, when things return to normal, the hoarders whom bought in excess hoping to profit, can eat it as well...

Last edited:
You know, I took a quick look at the listing and it did seem familiar! Hope the guy chokes on it. In that same vein, last Thursday COSTCO issued a statement they would not honor returns of towels, toiler paper, antibacterial wipes or soaps. So, when things return to normal, the hoarders whom bought in excess hoping to profit, can eat it as well...

Yesterday, Costco’s toilet paper supply......

790F7D72-C403-4CEE-995F-1A96616C6B5F.jpeg

I know it shouldn’t, but it does. I find such internet trolling flippers to be an irritant. They aren’t collectors but they compete with us, jack up prices, and don’t pay business taxes or have any of the expenses or provide services like regular dealers. They are the worst of both worlds. I suspect that such hoarding flippers are going to have to do some markdowns in the coming months. Many guys will be needing to make a truck note more than they need a frog marked up over 100% by an epay trolling flipper.

Military Rifle Journal
Back