Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rough Forged: A History and Collector's Guide to German Self-Loading Rifles of WWII

Default Rough Forged: A History and Collector's Guide to German Self-Loading Rifles of WWII

EXCITED!

Seems like Darren is moving right along. Pulled this off his website for the less informed. Best add it to your calendar before they sell out and start going for $600 on ebay.

http://www.historicalparts.com/

(19 MAR 20) Well, sorry to say the big Tulsa show has been cancelled, so we'll see you all in the Fall. But, while we're all fighting each other during the toilet paper and hand sanitizer Armageddon, I'm pleased to announce that the HG's revision, Rough Forged: A History and Collector's Guide to German Self-Loading Rifles of WWII is almost through layout and editing and should be at the printer soon. I've approved cover concept above. We'll launch the facebook page and website page in the next few weeks: www.frontsightpostpublishing.com, and will begin taking pre-orders in late summer. Email me if you want to be on the list. Two volumes, color, ca. 1000 pages with many hundreds of images, price TBD as will still need to firm up the printing quote. ISBN is already set 978-1-7342359-0-6. More to follow as the project unfolds!

Awesome!!!!

Can’t wait, definitely excited to see the new info that’s been published.

Thanks for the update on this. I didn’t realize this was so far along!

Default Excited

Excited ....but it seems he has not reached out to many advanced G43 collectors that I know....

Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    Excited ....but it seems he has not reached out to many advanced G43 collectors that I know....
    ^^^^ +1 ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    Collaboration from multiple knowledgeable sources means proper vetting. We've seen the result of single source / limited source vetting and it's not optimal.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

I’ve got 3 rifles that are in the book “Hitler’s Garands”. I live not too far from him. Wish I could have contributed, or known to ask if he needed contributions. Oh well, maybe we’ll see many new ones in the new book. Can’t wait to get it.

Expect it to be a rework of his existing book, but done his way and not Blake's way. Darrin retained the copyright to all of his books and has the ability to reprint them as is - but, in talking to him at the last Houston Gun Show the K43 book is completely redone. He does visit forums (including this one) and collect data in other ways, plus people have emailed him info. He's a talented author, you will like what he did I'm sure. It will be in color this time too!
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

I would think that if he’s resourced this site it gets proper citation and credit.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945