Third Party Press

New Member intro

Hope this finds all of you in good health. I am a Marine Corps Infantry Veteran from 1991-1998. I am originally from the San Francisco Bay Area and still live in Komifornistan behind enemy lines. I am a current LEO looking to retire in 5 to 6 years. I enjoy shooting a couple times a month, just practice or some competitions. I will most likely be a lurker or post for info, not so much starting any threads until I get a Rifle. I am on other gun forums as DangerClose51 or DangerClose0351. I do enjoy NHL and Soccer. Married with 5 adult kids, 5 Cats, and 2 German Shepherds.

I have fired the K98k a few times with some friends and it is a beautiful rifle.

I am here to learn and research into buying a K98k. My Grandfather was killed fighting Russians on the Eastern Front in 1945, I was able to (no BS) find a Canteen Cup with his name inscribed on it from Latvia. As a tribute, I want to buy a K98k Rifle that he (most likely) would have used. I have a buddies wife who is German looking into getting any Records or Information for me. I also collect other memorabilia from this era.

I also drive a FORD \m/,

Best regards,
Paul

Welcome! Also would love to see the cup...!

In case you haven't, you can search (in English!) the Volksbund database - the German war graves commission. For anything more detailed, you'll need to contact the Deutsche Dienststelle (formerly WAST), which is currently being incorporated into the German federal military archives in Freiburg. Obviously they're all shut down right now, but requests even in normal times can take months. Once you have that info, you can try to research his unit(s) more.

Semper Fi brother. 1371 Combat Engineer 1983-89. Welcome aboard. I've been into k98's for 20+. If you need help pm me. But only if you tell me what makes the grass grow. And here's chow. DSC03268.JPGDSC03270.JPGDSC03269.JPG

Military Rifle Journal
Back