Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arr gurtkasten

Default arr gurtkasten

Just share my little collection
    Attached Images Attached Images

Driving next to a Crown Vic with a paper tag

Great collection! Look at all the cool stuff one factory could manufacture. And to think they didn't have the EPA, OSHA, ISO, rain-water runoff, fire department licenses, and the slew of government agencies there to guide them along.
    Taschen Billiard

Sweet collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

This is a great collection, since arr is a very rare maker! I have arr 41 and 42, but miss the arr 43 specimen. Instead I have a later one, just with arr stamp and no year. It had an extra small box with arr 4 stamp and were found together. So I think maybe made for special purpose. Interestingly is not originally yellow, but it had been grey with yellow overpaint. I guess this might be the same case with arr 43.

Wow great Paul !!!!
    I thought that they stopped at 43 !!!!!

The small box is the cleaning kit for the 2cm Flak Gun, they have been posted here before by Amberg.

I have 2 good Patronenkasten 34, one has 1941 in a circle and the other only a Waffenamt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    The small box is the cleaning kit for the 2cm Flak Gun, they have been posted here before by Amberg.
    There are pics of a couple of examples of the 2cm Flak cleaning behalter or box in this thread. Jump to pages three and four. Just fyi and not easy to find .....

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....it-comparision

Thank you for this thread. I found there my cleaning kit collection status 2012. I did not know that I was into into that really that long.

I put the RG34 into 8x33 ammo boxes and have now 5 of them, an almost complete collection, missing only the yellow rbl. But as it is when you are full, I have lost rather interest.

As for the small box being for 2 cm cleaning kit, I have heard that, but I have never seen an full kit. Instead I have one of these boxes from a Waffenmeister with tools and spare parts for ZF4, being marked accordingly. Since this box fits perfectly into a patronenkasten I think that these boxes were also used for waffenmeister or other purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigromontanus View Post
    As for the small box being for 2 cm cleaning kit, I have heard that, but I have never seen an full kit. Instead I have one of these boxes from a Waffenmeister with tools and spare parts for ZF4, being marked accordingly. Since this box fits perfectly into a patronenkasten I think that these boxes were also used for waffenmeister or other purposes.
    Interesting thoughts Paul. The small boxes having multiple purposes makes sense to me. Have not seen a period reference for the box so unsure as to the veracity of the 2 cm flak theory. They do fit quite nicely into the patronenkasten which is interesting. Nice to see additional examples posted here .....

I wish I had saved photos - there was one of these boxes with some of the cleaning kit parts inside of it on ebay last year, with rod sections and other cleaning tools. However, I don't discount the idea that the boxes were used for other purposes.