Third Party Press

ar 43 Zf.41

Hambone

Community Organizer
Staff member
For reference. ar 43 Zf.41, vet bringback, from the vet's estate. Matching mount.

Attachments

• zf41allr.jpg
    zf41allr.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 619
  • zf41alll.jpg
    zf41alll.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 496
  • zf41base.jpg
    zf41base.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 457
  • zf41basetop.JPG
    zf41basetop.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 453
  • zf41brlr.JPG
    zf41brlr.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 406
  • zf41mountandscope.JPG
    zf41mountandscope.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 475
  • zf41mtno.JPG
    zf41mtno.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 558
  • zf41rail.JPG
    zf41rail.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 660
  • zf41rectop.JPG
    zf41rectop.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 445
  • zf41ring.JPG
    zf41ring.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 424
ar 43 more pics

Attachments

• zf41scopeall.jpg
    zf41scopeall.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 202
  • zf41scopeback.jpg
    zf41scopeback.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 187
  • zf41scopel.jpg
    zf41scopel.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 321
  • zf41scopeparts.jpg
    zf41scopeparts.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 217
  • zf41scoper.jpg
    zf41scoper.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 222
  • zf41scopetop.jpg
    zf41scopetop.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 216
Tks Luc. Guys, I highly recommend Luc's site, link in his signature line!

Luc, I'm going to also put your site link in the pic sticky reference and FAQs.

regards,
Hambone

Tks Luc. Guys, I highly recommend Luc's site, link in his signature line!

Luc, I'm going to also put your site link in the pic sticky reference and FAQs.

regards,
Hambone

Great site Luc ... :)

Thanks for the heads up Hambone and also the terrific pics of you ZF41 ... nice find ... ;)

Regards,
Doug

mount

Tough to get the electric pencil number on mount..good job. Love the stock cut out for the mount. This is what untouched looks like......:jaw:

Please don't tell me the can matches too.....

Jack, no such luck on the can. I think that's how the set stayed together, scope was on the rifle. On ar Zf.41s the rifle no. is pantograph engraved on the mount, and the last two digits are vibro-pencilled on the tops of the rings. Sometimes that vibropencilling is very light, but it's there on originals.

An awesome rifle. I really want one of these...

Does anybody know if the mount was fitted and numbered by MB? That font on the mount looks very close to the pantographed numbers you see on BLM K43 mounts.

Tks Ryan. They were factory fitted by ar, byf, and duv. BLM just supplied the mounts, they were the contractor for them, hence the e/214 on all.

Wow Ham that is an incredible looking rifle! Have you been tempted to shoot it? I think I would just have to, atleast once.

Just a general Borsigwalde question Ham, but are the bands waffenamted? Reason I ask is I see a lot of 43 stocks with no waffenamts on them, and always considered them Borsigwalde.

Not shot it. The scope is a little cloudy and I haven't gotten around to having it cleaned, probably wont.

Vulch, bands and floorplates, triggerguards, etc., saving e/135 and byf to show manufacture by MO, lost the inspection stamps by 1942. They were eliminated by order to speed up production. This rifle, being an ar 43, doesn't have them on the bands.

Fantastic rifle Hambone. I love that one. I would normally put my photo of Homer drooling but it appears someone else beat me to it..lol. Simply amazing rifle.

mow.

Thanks Mow. I've got a letter from the deceased vet's family on the rifle, pics of him, and his miniaturized and laminated (period) DD214. It's tough to find Zf.41s with matching mounts.

Military Rifle Journal
Back