Third Party Press

Thread: bnz44

Default bnz44

This one keeps me a bit scratching my head ... the bolt is mismatching but conditionwise perfectly matching the gun. I can't find any other serials on this rifle aside of the barrel. And serial is so sloppy stamped that it is hard to even make it out. Barrel bands are non serialized, stock as well as handguard doesn't have any serial inside nor outside. Same applies to rear sight assembly, at least a WaA77 on it. Stock is KM configuration and barrel bands held by screws. I originally thought these spanner screws are to be encountered on Czech rifles only?

Please help me with proper identification. Was the stock replaced on this rifle? Is the rifle a regular Army rifle or maybe even SS contract?
    Attached Images Attached Images

SS contract barreled receiver, bcd bolt, dou stock set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

what farb said.. the bolt looks to be out of an A block bnz.. an assembled rifle sporter rescue ???

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    SS contract barreled receiver, bcd bolt, dou stock set.
    Thank you! Is the stock identification only based on the barrel bands/screws, or anything else either?

Will need to check the bolt which WaA it has on bottom. I however assume it had been in this rifle like forever, given the matching condition.