Third Party Press

Bids on a fire damaged rifle

daltrey99

This is the second time that I have seen a G/K43 that was damaged heavily in a fire go up for bid on Gunbroker and people get in a bidding war to win it. Am I missing something? I would not want something that went through a fire and has as much damage as both of those rifles had. Now I could see maybe it would be worth it for some of the parts like the trigger guard or trigger group but not at the prices that I have seen the bidding war end at. Who knows, maybe I am the crazy one??

I once saw a burned to hell Type 99 on Gunbroker that the seller said was burned by an American flamethrower in the Pacific. No where was there proof of this, plus why would something like that be a bring back? No one bid on it that I know of...

K43 destroyed in a House Fire

There is one that is live right now. I will have to dig for the one that ended. It was a couple of weeks ago.

I believe you are talking about (K43 ac45 8747a ) I have it listed in my listings as being destroyed in a house fire, and as of 3/26/20 the receiver was listed on GB.

I believe you are talking about (K43 ac45 8747a ) I have it listed in my listings as being destroyed in a house fire, and as of 3/26/20 the receiver was listed on GB.

The two that I saw were from Alaska. Both were pretty toasted but the first one went for I think $600 or more and the one that is on there now (k43 QVE45 4550E) is up over $400

Military Rifle Journal
Back