10.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 106
That could sell for $5K over here on Gunbroker! And Herr Mitchell made a whole career out of this kind of thing.

There are certain Gunbonker "high end" sellers and dealers who would get over $5,000 for it. Or, rather, they would get bids of over $5,000 for it. :googlie It is shiny, and I've seen and owned K98ks in such condition which were original, but the wood is clearly wanked and the metal clearly hot dipped in pimp sauce.

The baby has had the full Monty of botox, lipo, wig, and huuuge fake boobs and an a$$-enhancer.....

Hell yes, it's an easy $5K. Ain't she purdy !

shame, it alone just increased the value of all the molested rifles you guys have in your collections

Again some can never leave well enough ALONE! Then again I guess "pretty" sells to uneducated or sucker buyers. Hate to think how many have been ruined by the enhancements

Here's a pristine one that has been out in the ether for at least a decade.... and no recent discussion ... but now may be a good time...

http://www.lmd-militaria.com/page434.html

http://www.lmd-militaria.com/page435.html

Why do those rifles look identical, like they were made by the same factory at the same time? I suspect they were pimped and wanked by the same person, a fellow out of California who did many G.43s like this in the early 1990s. The bluing work and stock wanking looked the same on everything he "restored". I suspect he may now be deceased. I never saw that he ground and repopped numbers. What he did was take an honest 80% rifle and whizz and shine and refinish, pimp, and wank, until it was a blinding 99.9% metal with a blinding "blonde" stock and shimmering buttplate and takedown disks. Back in the day there were guys that loved those "blonde" stocks and "99%" finish.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That’s the Ed McCauley stock and metal restoration enhancement Bob. Popular during the 80’s - in fact this was the 1980’s pinnacle of collecting, if you could duplicate this look in your tub you had arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the Ed McCauley stock and metal restoration enhancement Bob. Popular during the 80’s - in fact this was the 1980’s pinnacle of collecting, if you could duplicate this look in your tub you had arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying to be sensitive to the probably deceased. But yes, that's the restorer and the work and the genre, into the early 90s. Everything looks alike. You could lay different makers, years, G.43s, K.43s, whatever, all in a row and it looked like they were all made by the same factory at the same time, shined up and stored in a vacuum container time capsule.

I'd heard of this but never knew the who. I was just a 'kid' and not yet a collector of anything at the time. Too busy on AD and living in barracks for any real collecting anyway. Reminds me of the 'work' Miltech can do for you.

miltech pimp shine.PNG

http://www.miltecharms.com/rifles.htm

Apparently this one is EVEN MORE bleached out?

And this is the part that kills me... got Gran Pappy's old war bringback?? Trade that junk in on a Miltech!!

trade in_trade up.PNG

Since the background reminded me of something I was able to find it - a commission sale from a dealer. Asking price is 1800 GBP, so 2221 USD or 2021 Euro. From first glance it appears to be an original Single Rune contract rifle. Yes, it had been pimped that lowers the value, but an all matching untouched Single Rune rifle would bring more than the asking price. So well, it might be a hole filler until you get a better one.

Absolute, yep.

The Macauley work I always saw and was familiar with (and there were a number of pieces) did not involve number humping, that I saw. It was just took the pimping and wanking up to the Mardi Gras K98k level with all the blinding shine on unblued parts and brilliant 99.9% MINT! metal and wood. The concept is the same as a fishing lure, to provoke people who like shiny to jump at it. Deep down many of us are programmed from infancy and by work and commercials to want shiny. Monkeys love shiny. The Indians loved shiny more than Manhattan. Intellect suppresses the automatic jump at shiny programming. Ed Macauley pimped and wanked Nazi firearms to appeal to those who must jump and throw money at shiny.

Military Rifle Journal
Back