Third Party Press

Mint condition dot 1944 ( 3219 af )

Pisgah

Moderator²
Staff member
TURD ALERT

I noticed this while searching on GunBroker today:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863627886

It appears to be a matching barreled action tucked in a previously self-matching ex-Norwegian Sauer stock with renumbered bands. It has reproduction sight hood, reproduction sling, and a reproduction cleaning rod. It is being sold "as is" with no return. The seller currently has the user name Fine_Art_Harvester and is out of San Jose, CA 95118. Seller's description mentions "superb metal parts", "all matching", and "like new stock". Bidding is currently at $805 and the auction has a BIN possible of $2,998 (12 days remaining and 15 bids at the moment).

Attachments

• fake_dot_1.jpg
    fake_dot_1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 85
  • fake_dot_2.jpg
    fake_dot_2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 93
  • fake_dot_3.jpg
    fake_dot_3.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 83
  • fake_dot_4.jpg
    fake_dot_4.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 87
  • fake_dot_5.jpg
    fake_dot_5.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 91
Perfect presentation with screen shots and serial should anyone ever google it. I added an identifying screen shot:

Capture.JPG

...and the "winning bidder"......

2Q88MGF.gif

Now $910 with 19 bids. Wow. I find myself with nothing nice to say. A deal so good that no refund or exchange could ever be needed. Suspicious bidding already as well. There are so far two NR bidders and a third bidder with only one piece of feedback that he received from this same seller.

A doinked restored sporter for knocking on 1k? Jesus. Wish I had got that out of the ones I've sold! Guess I should have renumbered the bands.

A doinked restored sporter for knocking on 1k? Jesus. Wish I had got that out of the ones I've sold! Guess I should have renumbered the bands.

Make sure to use an incorrect font but add some fake 'aging' and smear some Cosmoline in there for originalities sake. :facepalm:

What cr@p that is, and you even get a fake rod with it. A $500 rifle, tops.
... I often wonder what really happens to these buyers/rifles. Do the buyers: 1) just quietly buy another just like this, and build a collection of garbage; or 2) Happy with the one $3K turd 98 and return to their man-cave where they have a collection of WW2 objects of dubious merit. Similarly, does the rifle get buried, and only floats to the surface in 10 or 20 years....

.... and the sling and hood are a bo(g)(n)us...

BIO I will see your insanity and raise you with this;
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863463566

That first one posted by BiO just seems like a bad joke. All the bidders seem bogus to me. Even their made up names suck.

This one OTOH seems to me like 2 real bidders just got into a pissing match/bidding war and here's the end result. Neither one was willing to give until they bled. Still ridiculous just in a very different way.

BIO I will see your insanity and raise you with this;
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863463566

this post makes Bruce's thread almost a moot point.. 4200.00 for a turd 42/40 That other rifle that is legit almost seems like a deal............:facepalm:

What wont happen is that others rifles sale at 4k as only stupidity and competition can breed this type of result. The winner deserves his reward IMHO.

What really gets frustrating to those that care is watching this happen over and over... Like a bus load of nuns going over a cliff...again and again

Last edited:
Same rifle/auction so I merged the two threads. A lot of stupidity in this bidding.

Let the fool enjoy the ownership of a finely crafted 100% 4th Reich turd.....

There are people that well deserve to be bent over, and butt screwed, until their hemorrhoids bleed copious amounts of blood.

There is no hope for such people.......

Is the glass half full that people are that stupid or is the glass half full that people are that dishonest? It's either excessive stupidity or shill bidding. I prefer to think these people can't be that stupid.

the thing with the shill is it takes a real bidder to make it work.... So yes people are that stupid. :googlie

the thing with the shill is it takes a real bidder to make it work.... So yes people are that stupid. :googlie

So the glass is completely empty; there are people that dishonest and people that stupid bidding against them? :googlie

Military Rifle Journal
Back