Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mint condition dot 1944 ( 3219 af )

Default Mint condition dot 1944 ( 3219 af )

TURD ALERT

I noticed this while searching on GunBroker today:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863627886

It appears to be a matching barreled action tucked in a previously self-matching ex-Norwegian Sauer stock with renumbered bands. It has reproduction sight hood, reproduction sling, and a reproduction cleaning rod. It is being sold "as is" with no return. The seller currently has the user name Fine_Art_Harvester and is out of San Jose, CA 95118. Seller's description mentions "superb metal parts", "all matching", and "like new stock". Bidding is currently at $805 and the auction has a BIN possible of $2,998 (12 days remaining and 15 bids at the moment).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Perfect presentation with screen shots and serial should anyone ever google it. I added an identifying screen shot:

Capture.JPG

...and the "winning bidder"......

“Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Now $910 with 19 bids. Wow. I find myself with nothing nice to say. A deal so good that no refund or exchange could ever be needed. Suspicious bidding already as well. There are so far two NR bidders and a third bidder with only one piece of feedback that he received from this same seller.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

A doinked restored sporter for knocking on 1k? Jesus. Wish I had got that out of the ones I've sold! Guess I should have renumbered the bands.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moconfed View Post
    A doinked restored sporter for knocking on 1k? Jesus. Wish I had got that out of the ones I've sold! Guess I should have renumbered the bands.
    Make sure to use an incorrect font but add some fake 'aging' and smear some Cosmoline in there for originalities sake.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Potential Future Early War Armchair Internet Expert sheepdog's Avatar

The white fill is real though.
    Alles, was man im Leben braucht, ist eine gute Frau, ein treuer Hund und eine nette alte Mauser.

Default more absurdity... BIN used

email => K98@bobinohio.com

BIO I will see your insanity and raise you with this;
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863463566

"Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

I’m chalking these up to people going insane during quarantine!!