Third Party Press

K43 Sniper

I loved my g43, but unfortunately had to sell it for funds. Ironically for its rough appearance it was amazingly accurate and with the p635 ammo I twice shot 5 round under 2 moa groups at 100yds.

Same here..I have a nondescript AC44 that I put an Apfeltor kit in ,bought a sarco mount and a postwar zf4 and the thing has printed some amazing groups on a fairly consistent basis...will punch out the 10 ring with a 5 shot grouping @ 1 hundy w/o much effort . And the most incredulous part is that it loved that steel cased Romanian...some of the dirtiest ammo I have ever shot . Shoots better groups than my repop HT Mausers..I need to accurize the stocks I guess.

But I digress ..that is a beautiful score on the AC45.

Well, if you didn't get pics of the internals, I assume it was a bit gambling also when you paid the price for it. And very happy to say that it paid off! Congratulations! K43 sniper rifles all matching are way underpriced, compared to K98k rifles. At the same time they are even much rarer. Maybe some day people will understand this and prices will jump above those of K98k sniper rifles!

All

I'm perplexed by this comment..Why would a rifle which wasn't specifically intended to be a sniper rifle (G/K43 sniper) bring more money than a K98 which was specifically converted? A G/K 43 sniper to me is a DMR...hence they were not specially selected for sniper conversion. The fact there are unnumbered mounts speaks to this and I seem to remember the unnumbered mounts were intended to go directly to the field to be used on rifles....any rifle. A converted K98 sniper was selected for conversion to be used as a dedicated sniper...and the scope assembly couldn't be easily switched to another rifle. I get a matching mount G/K 43 in collectible condition isn't seen often (although I'd say they are out there) but IMO I would never pay more than a comparable condition K98 sniper for one.

As far as pricing...again...please help me on this as well...A collectible base G/K 43 is about $3500 or so...an original mount and scope is less than $3k...about $6500 total....$9k for a matching mount rifle sounds about spot on as the $2500-3k is simply for the "numbers." Also unnumbered mounts could be used on any rifle so theoretically any G/K 43 with an unnumbered mount could have been a "sniper." I get a premium for "matching numbers" (or "born with" as it is today) but a greater than 30% premium?? Not seeing it....especially when a matching mount (matching rifle as well..stock slightly sanded) sold for $4500 less the scope. Thoughts?

The OP rifle is super nice and I'd love to own it...might have to start looking for one...

Greg

Well, if you didn't get pics of the internals, I assume it was a bit gambling also when you paid the price for it. And very happy to say that it paid off! Congratulations! K43 sniper rifles all matching are way underpriced, compared to K98k rifles. At the same time they are even much rarer. Maybe some day people will understand this and prices will jump above those of K98k sniper rifles!

Mods feel free to tag this or add it to the photo gallery as I know we're short on rifles in the sniper section.

I plan to create a picture reference section in the Sniper Forum of G/K43s much like I did for Long Side Rails (and will do for other mounting systems also). In the same thread people can post the serial numbers on their mounts to possibly match them up.

Edit: Just created it. It's a stickied thread in the Optics Sub-Forum

Last edited:
I'm perplexed by this comment..Why would a rifle which wasn't specifically intended to be a sniper rifle (G/K43 sniper) bring more money than a K98 which was specifically converted? A G/K 43 sniper to me is a DMR...hence they were not specially selected for sniper conversion. The fact there are unnumbered mounts speaks to this and I seem to remember the unnumbered mounts were intended to go directly to the field to be used on rifles....any rifle. A converted K98 sniper was selected for conversion to be used as a dedicated sniper...and the scope assembly couldn't be easily switched to another rifle. I get a matching mount G/K 43 in collectible condition isn't seen often (although I'd say they are out there) but IMO I would never pay more than a comparable condition K98 sniper for one.
Greg, I was comparing prices of G/K43 rifles with matching numbers mount to K98k sniper rifles with matching numbers mount.

All

As far as pricing...again...please help me on this as well...A collectible base G/K 43 is about $3500 or so...an original mount and scope is less than $3k...about $6500 total....$9k for a matching mount rifle sounds about spot on as the $2500-3k is simply for the "numbers." Also unnumbered mounts could be used on any rifle so theoretically any G/K 43 with an unnumbered mount could have been a "sniper." I get a premium for "matching numbers" (or "born with" as it is today) but a greater than 30% premium?? Not seeing it....especially when a matching mount (matching rifle as well..stock slightly sanded) sold for $4500 less the scope. Thoughts?

The OP rifle is super nice and I'd love to own it...might have to start looking for one...

Greg

It’s also condition. Condition causes a premium too, then add a matching scope mount and collectors will pay a higher price to get the matching rifle that’s excellent in condition....and original of course. Same thing happens in the pistol world where you have a gun with a matching mag. Collectors on that specific type of gun with a matching mag pay more. Then add one that has a super nice original finish and the price keeps going up.

All

Greg

I understand your point but 98 sniper aren't cheap "the real" $9-14K
here is an example of k43 one just sold, original mount. Legit mount and scope and accessories easily can go higher than 2500. IMO it easily could have gone higher.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/861554761

xClvUaph.jpg

yMBEHb3h.jpg

Based on my experience when comparing 100% all matching rifles only, all matching G/K43 snipers are not as difficult to find as all matching K98k snipers (especially Single Claws, Double Claws or SSR). However, they are still easier to find then High Turrets and Long Side Rails.

In the last five years I have known of approximately 5 all matching High Turrets that have sold (again, only counting 100% matching, not scope mismatch). In the last 15 months alone of I have seen 5 G/K43 snipers sell.

I am not saying that they are easy or not extremely desirable (as I really like K43 snipers). But in my opinion, they are properly priced below all matching K98ks snipers as they tend to be less popular and easier to find. In addition, many are ok with buying a scope mount and adding it to their rifle. This does not make it a sniper rifle but fills a hole for that collector. This seems to keep the price down on true snipers.

As for price, I agree with Damian that he got a great deal on this at $9k. In my experience Walthers tend to bring between $10,000 and $12,000 when they have no issues. BLM snipers are so uncommon that it is hard to say. Maybe a 10%- 20% premium over Walther.

D6C29A59-1376-43B0-96C1-063B16241816.jpgDFB90E12-21F1-490A-97E9-559EEF64930C.jpg7A4D1E9F-D15A-44DD-B50C-C74EA715EC6A.jpgB38C3286-810B-4A30-AB5A-07FC7B144973.jpgC192A960-C8E9-44BC-836E-3031CEAD98FF.jpgDD29F412-3CA6-4FB3-B864-2A4B0BF6EADF.jpg76FB830D-DCE3-4B2B-9966-7C779266DED9.jpg5A8951E4-3612-4682-98A0-4C5D2ABFA16E.jpgD73DA1AC-A2F3-4B46-AF6A-208B265E207E.jpg70C931EB-7580-4DDA-955A-C11D46E132B6.jpg996CEAA5-F28E-4A74-A83C-88827C37D04B.jpg43263D93-8DDB-4D6A-87BF-663EDE18C2B8.jpg

This is my K.43 ac45 a block sniper. Everything is matching. Bonus is the gun is in the book “Hitler’s Garands” AND has white glue wood stock. These are not my photos but were taken by the previous owner just before I bought it. One day I’ll get photos of it to show off. #3359a. Has all the giblets with it too!

Attachments

• 90A00ABB-6E18-472F-9A81-C6A2CBA77E46.jpg
    90A00ABB-6E18-472F-9A81-C6A2CBA77E46.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
scope

Hello
what is the ddx scope serial number ?
best regards
Xavier

View attachment 234553View attachment 234552View attachment 234542View attachment 234543View attachment 234544View attachment 234545View attachment 234546View attachment 234547View attachment 234548View attachment 234549View attachment 234551View attachment 234554

This is my K.43 ac45 a block sniper. Everything is matching. Bonus is the gun is in the book “Hitler’s Garands” AND has white glue wood stock. These are not my photos but were taken by the previous owner just before I bought it. One day I’ll get photos of it to show off. #3359a. Has all the giblets with it too!

Another great K43 sniper! Thank you for sharing.

So far, we have seen a series of AC45 sniper rifles posted. Since we captured the Walther factory,
that is to be expected.

Now, how about posting some earlier G/K43 sniper rifles...Yes, "Tanker1" has a nice example of one. The earlier sniper examples, from both manufacturers seem seldom seen.

Military Rifle Journal
Back