Third Party Press

K43 Sniper

Have to agree, mostly, with Matts/Gregs opinions on the g43 sniper values. Who really wants a G43 sniper when there a true snipers rifles (HTS, LSR, Single/double claws) out there that are well known and documented in movies etc. The g/k43 sniper really is not a "Sniper"..in the minds of most all people, including myself. lol There are lots of mounts out there without a rifle matched to them...which means many potential "snipers". Part of that is due to their ease of removing and small size..i.e.dont take up much space, easy to store and transport.

For some reason a number of these have come out of the woodwork the last few years. People may need money more now, older collectors dying off....who knows. Most all of these were most likely ac45 dated rifles...where are the "early" examples?

Traditionally over the decades (I've been collecting them a long time...ugh), an all matching, un messed with G/K43 sniper was rarely seen for sale. Just my opinions.

Kelly, if you would (if you haven't already) please start a thread with pictures of your rifle so I can add it to the pic stick thread on these. Thanks

You’ve been holding out on us Kelly, is that sling original to the rifle? I’ve only come across few.

Thanks! If you are asking whether or not it’s a “K.43 sling”, rather one specifically for a K.43.....not sure. I think it’s probably a regular K.98k sling. Not my photos as these were taken by the previous owner when the rifle came up for sale. I haven’t looked at the sling in a while and I’ve never had it off the rifle.

0D565718-5B10-4983-8632-7109EFB13580.jpg9083B42D-359A-4F82-B4E9-CC31916AD0B2.jpg6C4E0F20-00F8-4211-8B3F-E5597F16CD9B.jpg

Last edited:
Kelly, if you would (if you haven't already) please start a thread with pictures of your rifle so I can add it to the pic stick thread on these. Thanks

Okay, no problem. Do you want these or wait until I can do some myself? The prior owner did a pretty good job with his photos.

Thanks! If you are asking whether or not it’s a “K.43 sling”, rather one specifically for a K.43.....not sure. I think it’s probably a regular K.98k sling. Not my photos as these were taken by the previous owner when the rifle came up for sale. I haven’t looked at the sling in a while and I’ve never had it off the rifle.

View attachment 234602View attachment 234603View attachment 234604

Match it up to a standard k98 sling, it should be several inches longer. I have a nice one I acquired from Gene.

Match it up to a standard k98 sling, it should be several inches longer. I have a nice one I acquired from Gene.

Mmmmmm, may have to do that one day, but I can’t bring myself to take it off of the rifle. Just paranoid about tearing the leather or something. I do remember reading that the K.43 built ones were made longer.

Early G/K43 sniper production

Hello,

ddx scope production started in 1943 and first pattern G43 manual (including a section about ZF4 scope and mont ) is dated 25.10.43.

As far as I know, there is no surviving example of G43 sniper rifle date late 43 and early 44.

Is it due to the fact that all these weapons were sent to the dreadful eastern front and may have been destroyed, with no surviving example, or because they do not exist ? The WH missed sniper rifles at that time.

How can we assume that no G43 sniper rifles were issued before july 1944 ?

best regards,

Xavier

QUOTE=Brian Kowalski;299599]Have to agree, mostly, with Matts/Gregs opinions on the g43 sniper values. Who really wants a G43 sniper when there a true snipers rifles (HTS, LSR, Single/double claws) out there that are well known and documented in movies etc. The g/k43 sniper really is not a "Sniper"..in the minds of most all people, including myself. lol There are lots of mounts out there without a rifle matched to them...which means many potential "snipers". Part of that is due to their ease of removing and small size..i.e.dont take up much space, easy to store and transport.

For some reason a number of these have come out of the woodwork the last few years. People may need money more now, older collectors dying off....who knows. Most all of these were most likely ac45 dated rifles...where are the "early" examples?

Traditionally over the decades (I've been collecting them a long time...ugh), an all matching, un messed with G/K43 sniper was rarely seen for sale. Just my opinions.[/QUOTE]

I’m still trying to figure out the early rifle’s scope mount rails. Why the early rifles (some Walther and Gustloff) had no notch for the mount to lock on? Some say that it was a different type of lock that was on the mounts. I’ve never seen one like that and the reference books don’t mention it...that I remember.

Hello
what is the scope serial number and rifle serial number of the early matching example you are talking about ?
it could be interesting to know it to understand those early snipers.
best regards

Another great K43 sniper! Thank you for sharing.

So far, we have seen a series of AC45 sniper rifles posted. Since we captured the Walther factory,
that is to be expected.

Now, how about posting some earlier G/K43 sniper rifles...Yes, "Tanker1" has a nice example of one. The earlier sniper examples, from both manufacturers seem seldom seen.

Early G/K43 sniper production

Hello,

ddx scope production started in 1943 and first pattern G43 manual (including a section about ZF4 scope and mont ) is dated 25.10.43.

As far as I know, there is no surviving example of G43 sniper rifle date late 43 and early 44.

Is it due to the fact that all these weapons were sent to the dreadful eastern front and may have been destroyed, with no surviving example, or because they do not exist ? The WH missed sniper rifles at that time.

How can we assume that no G43 sniper rifles were issued before july 1944 ?

best regards,

Xavier

QUOTE=Brian Kowalski;299599]Have to agree, mostly, with Matts/Gregs opinions on the g43 sniper values. Who really wants a G43 sniper when there a true snipers rifles (HTS, LSR, Single/double claws) out there that are well known and documented in movies etc. The g/k43 sniper really is not a "Sniper"..in the minds of most all people, including myself. lol There are lots of mounts out there without a rifle matched to them...which means many potential "snipers". Part of that is due to their ease of removing and small size..i.e.dont take up much space, easy to store and transport.

Traditionally over the decades (I've been collecting them a long time...ugh), an all matching, un messed with G/K43 sniper was rarely seen for sale. Just my opinions.
[/QUOTE]
How would I tell when exactly my G43 sniper was made? AC 1913 d is that early 44? it is a all matching sniper scope to mount, mount to gun and numbered magazine.

How would I tell when exactly my G43 sniper was made? AC 1913 d is that early 44? it is a all matching sniper scope to mount, mount to gun and numbered magazine.
[/QUOTE]
can you add pictures ?
regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back