Third Party Press

Simson W625 at my LGS

Muncher 1953

Saw my 1st kkw thursday at my LGS, a Simson W625, blueing somewhat worn, stock may have been sanded or cleaned, but stock was military style & not cut down. No sling, but stock had swivels for bottom mount only, didn’t notice any modifications. I know, pretty thin description, but would you go back for another look? asking was mid $500s

Saw my 1st kkw thursday at my LGS, a Simson W625, blueing somewhat worn, stock may have been sanded or cleaned, but stock was military style & not cut down. No sling, but stock had swivels for bottom mount only, didn’t notice any modifications. I know, pretty thin description, but would you go back for another look? asking was mid $500s
The nomenclature can be confusing, but a KKW model does not = W625 model.... just sayin'.

There is a 625,625a, 625b ect. Going off memory the change was made through the A model. Gew type looking rifle to the Kar98k type.
search my old posts I think I had done a tutorial on them.

If it is untouched then $500.00 is a steal. Make sure that any numbers such as the bolt and barrel/receiver match. If it has a muzzle cover I would buy it just for that piece. Pictures are always helpful. I find that all the Model W 625’s tend to be great shooters. My first training rifle was a Model W 625A. All I am looking for at this time is the circular logo Model W 625z that was made by BSW.

Military Rifle Journal
Back