Third Party Press

Weaver's Book Update

Thanks. Dave.
I am finishing up kriegsmodell while staying at home. Already finished vol 1&2.
I was actually just thinking about this
Tom

Any info on pricing?

"Take my money!"

Pretty much whatever the price is won't matter too much for us on this forum. And once they sell out the prices always go
sky high for a quality reference book. Especially a reference book with a monopoly on the subject.

Oh I agree, I just wanted to get an idea of how much for reference. I'm looking forward to this one, and I'm not even a G/K43 collector.

Pat

g41 ...

.... those now selling (out of print) 300 dollar first editions are going to lose their value very fast .........................

.... those now selling (out of print) 300 dollar first editions are going to lose their value very fast .........................

I already dumped mine.

Now is the time to get rid of your copy of Goldsmith’s “Grand Old Lady of No Man’s Land.” Dolf is releasing a new version. Those $400-600 books are going to plummet...

Paid $80 for mine when they were in print. listed it on ebay last year once I heard there would be a revised edition. Bidders took it to $370.

First edition

Darrin signed my first edition copy while we were all at Bob Faris's home. I won't be selling it. (I will buy the new one of course.) Regards, JH

I don't think it would fall, information is not the same. It would be a different print.

I would expect that the original version has less information. Non-fiction books are an entirely different animal than fiction ones. People love first editions of Hemingway books, but no one wants a science book from 1970. The latter is wrong, missing information, and has less detailed diagrams in it. If the book is signed it will likely retain some value, but otherwise I expect not.

I received an email from Front Sight Post Publishing and they are posting a YouTube video promoting the book around July 1 with
shots of the dust cover. No mention of the date we can expect to purchase them, just that it is upcoming.

Darrin just posted a video going over the two covers... and a little about the books.. they look great.

The link was sent to my email because I subscribed to the mailing list.

Hello, FSPP subscribers! As promised, we have the first video from Darrin discussing the new covers for Rough Forged Volume One and Two. To watch, please click the video above, or visit the new Front Sight Post Publishing YouTube channel, and watch there. We will continue to post new videos as we record and release them. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel, and activate notifications using the bell icon to receive notifications. Please keep an eye out for more communications from Front Sight Post Publishing!

Just sold my 1st Ed. last week based on the info in this thread. Thanks for the heads-up on this!

Pat

Military Rifle Journal
Back