Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper Rifle and related Picture Sticky Items

Default Sniper Rifle and related Picture Sticky Items

I am trying to figure out why there are not more Sniper Rifle and related item thread stickies. Like:

Mauser High Turrets, Sauer High Turrets, SS Double Claws, Objective Mounts, SS Short Side Rails, Scope Cans, Lens Covers, LSR Scope Keys, LSR Rail Covers, Ajack Scopes, LSR Scopes, High Turret Scopes, Low Turret Scopes, SSR Scopes and ect.

I think G/K43 rifles are really cool (I even have one), but......we have a sticky for those in sniper section, but not some of the other more numerous stuff. There's maybe a couple of those in the whole sniper section if you buy into the whole theory of my scope mount has to match my rifle. Which, I really don't care to debate. As it really does not matter to me.

If you want to see most of this other stuff. It is all buried by pages of stuff now. Things are getting harder to locate now and if you had no background in this it would make some things almost impossible to locate.

Also, I would be willing to help do it, but I also realize that is probably not going to be possible. It would only take some effort and would probably involve few little mistakes. As there is not a lot written on some items and a consensus can not always be readily reached. But, it could be perfected over time.

Any thoughts on this? Happy Easter.

Beavis Moderator Intern mdarnell19's Avatar

I mentioned in the G/K43 and Long Side Rail Pic sticky threads (of which no one has posted any information, your self included) that I plan to do the same thing for the other mounting systems. If you look at the thread on Long Side Rails, I not only post threads to rifles but to cans and accessories. Anyone can reply to this thread with links, pictures or information regarding anything and everything Long Side Rail. Do you not like the format I did this in? Because it seems to be what you are asking for. You have been given the opportunity to contribute, why not take advantage of it?

Here is the thread in case you had not seen it
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....de-Rail-Rifles

You comment, "if you buy into the whole theory of my scope mount has to match my rifle." How else are you suppose to determine if a G/K43 rifle is a true sniper or not? Are you aware of some sort of marking or special serial numbering? If so please share.

Default Sticky

What do you mean by that? I have posted lots of my 98K sniper stuff. Its OK as I just wondered about the other snipers and scopes.
    Last edited by Hercules; 04-30-2020 at 11:35 PM.

All I can say is it takes years to really build an online reference section. Our photo section is 10 years of work. To comment that things are missing is good, but realize I just recently appointed a dedicated mod to the sniper section. Nobody has cared to create these online studies for the many years that this section has existed.

I am happy about the recent activity with some great threads. Keep up the cooperation.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    I mentioned in the G/K43 and Long Side Rail Pic sticky threads (of which no one has posted any information, your self included) that I plan to do the same thing for the other mounting systems. If you look at the thread on Long Side Rails, I not only post threads to rifles but to cans and accessories. Anyone can reply to this thread with links, pictures or information regarding anything and everything Long Side Rail. Do you not like the format I did this in? Because it seems to be what you are asking for. You have been given the opportunity to contribute, why not take advantage of it?

You comment, "if you buy into the whole theory of my scope mount has to match my rifle." How else are you suppose to determine if a G/K43 rifle is a true sniper or not? Are you aware of some sort of marking or special serial numbering? If so please share.
    I made a contribution to your LSR thread. Mine is 9697w and you have it linked to the wrong thread. Not a big deal, but I was hoping you could link it to the correct thread. Thanks.

Here's the link: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....de-Rail-Please
    Last edited by Hercules; 04-13-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks. I changed the link.

I will be making threads for the other mounting systems. It was my plan to have threads of all K98k type snipers (although some may be combined because of lack examples). In these threads I wanted it to be a place to share new information, links, and opinions on the titles rifles. This way that current and new members could all go to one place to find a lot of information. I say this sincerely, post and add as much as you like in these threads. Any help is good.

Long Side Rail Pic sticky threads (of which no one has posted any information, your self included) that I plan to do the same thing for the other mounting systems. If you look at the thread on Long Side Rails, I not only post threads to rifles but to cans and accessories. Anyone can reply to this thread with links, pictures or information regarding anything and everything Long Side Rail. Do you not like the format I did this in? Because it seems to be what you are asking for. You have been given the opportunity to contribute, why not take advantage of it?

OK, Matt I posted my Gustloff LSR to your pic sticky list. However, no one has added it to the original post with the others. I posted/reposted it a while ago. I like to make comparisons without doing a long search trying to find it. It would be nice to see them in serial order with the others for comparison. I will have other stuff that I could post, but I am not going to waste anymore time posting pictures as it just gets buried by other items like turd alerts or instructions on how to make repro snipers. To me that would be the purpose for posting things is to make comparisons of real items.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    OK, Matt I posted my Gustloff LSR to your pic sticky list. However, no one has added it to the original post with the others. I posted/reposted it a while ago. I like to make comparisons without doing a long search trying to find it. It would be nice to see them in serial order with the others for comparison. I will have other stuff that I could post, but I am not going to waste anymore time posting pictures as it just gets buried by other items like turd alerts or instructions on how to make repro snipers. To me that would be the purpose for posting things is to make comparisons of real items.
    Brian, I would certainly like to add everything to the first post. I have just been slammed with work and raising kids when I get home. Iíll get to it eventually.

However, my intention was to make a single thread with lots of Long Side Raul info all in one thread, not one post (the first post). It was nice how you posted links to several rifles in the thread. But why did you go and delete them all? I thought it was nice having them in it. And likewise, Iím not going to waste my time added all your stuff (which is good pictures and info) if you are just going to delete them.

Brian, I would certainly like to add everything to the first post. I have just been slammed with work and raising kids when I get home. I’ll get to it eventually.

However, my intention was to make a single thread with lots of Long Side Raul info all in one thread, not one post (the first post). It was nice how you posted links to several rifles in the thread. But why did you go and delete them all? I thought it was nice having them in it. And likewise, I’m not going to waste my time added all your stuff (which is good pictures and info) if you are just going to delete them.
    Yes, we both are too busy for this. I will not post anymore photos.
    Last edited by Hercules; 05-29-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Yes, we both too are busy for this. I will not post anymore photos.
    O.k if that is what you want. Sorry you feel that way.