Third Party Press

German m35 Helmet opinions needed

Ndean9142

Hey guys just wanted to see what some of your opinions were on this German M35 Double Decal helmet and if anything unusual sticks out to ya. Yes its relic condition. Thanks in advance.
-Nick

50E5A7E9-2958-449A-B595-CFDD525CAA44.jpeg
3646DEC9-7EFF-42E8-983F-39546AFEEB3F.jpeg
012AEC22-5662-4B6A-BDE3-BC538A90FAC7.jpeg
70607570-BCA3-46F3-8BF1-EAD49591EAE3.jpeg9DC72008-7C7A-4CCB-B153-D27133BBFB29.jpeg

Hard to tell. Looks like it was found submerged in bog or cold lake. The water did all that but it didn't dissolve due to the lack of oxygen and cold in the water or mud. That's about all I know.

Hard to tell. Looks like it was found submerged in bog or cold lake. The water did all that but it didn't dissolve due to the lack of oxygen and cold in the water or mud. That's about all I know.

Yeah I’m really surprised the paint stayed in that good of condition and even the liner. It’d be sweet if the heer decal was slightly more clear and intact

Nothing looks really out of place to me. I will say that the first thing you usually see damage on is the thread holding the liner together. It rots before the leather does, as it’s probably cotton and wasn’t treated like the leather. The leather pulling and stretching that seam is normal, but I’m not 100% convinced on the thread that’s there.

Nothing looks really out of place to me. I will say that the first thing you usually see damage on is the thread holding the liner together. It rots before the leather does, as it’s probably cotton and wasn’t treated like the leather. The leather pulling and stretching that seam is normal, but I’m not 100% convinced on the thread that’s there.

Thanks for the input Nirvana, do you think that the thread was made added later on to keep the liner together or maybe just the conditions where it was found left the thread preserved by chance?
-Nick

Thanks for the input Nirvana, do you think that the thread was made added later on to keep the liner together or maybe just the conditions where it was found left the thread preserved by chance?
-Nick

It’s hard to say from the pics. The thread is cleaner than I would expect, but it’s possible. Regardless, the rest looks fine.

Military Rifle Journal
Back