Third Party Press

Scope I have on my K98k for reenacting.

Good Gun?

• Total voters
Scope, Mounts and Rifle were BUILT, not original to them selves. Pictures shortly.

Anyone know more about C.P. Goerz or values of said scope? I know the rifle is nothing but a parts gun, but its built extremely well, and shoots very accurately with my mediocre shooting skills

Description:
K98k Early manufacture, 1936 Barrel, 7.92, DWM receiver no dates or stampings because of the mounts, the stripper clip lip is larger indicating the caliber for the receiver used to be bigger than 8mm. Some Waffen Amps but I do not think they are original to the receiver, and are stamped oddly.

Scope and Mounts:
C.P. Goerz 6x 'Hunting' Scope, not much know about this scope....mounts are claws, a single in the rear and a double up front. All original, and brass hardware.

Magazine floorplate is from a G98, really nice not having to press down on the plate to slide the bolt into battery.

Stock is a early war stock off a old RC I had, great wood imo. Repop Sling, cleaning rod.

Pictures in about 5-10 minutes.

100_1171.jpg

100_0603.jpg

100_0611.jpg

100_0448.jpg

Last edited:
What is the question?

Sorry, I can't answer a question I don't understand :laugh:

HA my bad totally, forgot to add my question in there and got too absorbed into describing my baby XD

And is it a good rifle in your option which is the poll question.

Thanks,
KG

your scope and rifle suffer what I really dislike about the German scope mounting concepts - the scope rear overhang is way too much - that set up may have been acceptable on a long stock pull custom Mauser sporter but when its done on a 98k (with the military one size fits all short stock pull ) its just BAD - very BAD

HA my bad totally, forgot to add my question in there and got too absorbed into describing my baby XD

And is it a good rifle in your option which is the poll question.

Thanks,
KG

Goerz 6x are not all that common in my research great scope!!!! by any chance you would like to show pics of its serial range?? looks like the later type 2 scope??

thanks
vaughn

Goerz 6x are not all that common in my research great scope!!!! by any chance you would like to show pics of its serial range?? looks like the later type 2 scope??

thanks
vaughn

The Serial is obscured by pitting, but I'll try to get it later this evening.

And to the note of the length of the scope/eye relief, i've live fired it to earn my Marksmen badge in reenacting, and I've not once gotten bitten. BUT it is close!

and I've not once gotten bitten. -
but the point is you have to constantly be thinking about keeping your head safe - lol - and one day you will get bitten - that set-up is really intended for a drillinge or falling block rifle where the bases can be set forward (front one on barrell) - when its done on a 98 a shorter body scope like a fixed power Hensoldt etc is used

but the rfile sure looks ok!

as so far no one has indicated a possible value for the scope search the web for any comparable sale - Goerz are not common so you may have to troll the web very thoroughly

The Serial is obscured by pitting, but I'll try to get it later this evening.

And to the note of the length of the scope/eye relief, i've live fired it to earn my Marksmen badge in reenacting, and I've not once gotten bitten. BUT it is close!

Would need to Post much better pics of Bases and Rings also need to know if any Serial Numbers on the Rear Base . Not to say if it does not have Serial #s on Rear Base that its not Original but it may help to determine a bit easier with Numbers . One other place that would have #ers is Front Ring on bottom of claw I have seen and have a few others of the Hensoldt with Serial Numbers on the Front and Rear Ring but the only one with Numbers on bottom of Front Claw is Hensoldt 4X in 50,000 to 60,000 Serial Range but all were Objective type Dbl Claw Mounts . The other Type is Ajack 4X90 and these have Serial #ers on Rear Ring as in Pics Attached . Hope this helps to show what Pics You need to Post from Your Rifle also . In my opinion these are on of the Toughest Snipers to Originate due to many be made Post WWII . Best Regards
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC_1177.JPG
    DSC_1177.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_1178.JPG
    DSC_1178.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_1179.JPG
    DSC_1179.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_1180.JPG
    DSC_1180.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_1181.JPG
    DSC_1181.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_1182.JPG
    DSC_1182.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 13
No serials on the mounts and the scope's nr number is NR.11068

Pics

IMG_20120122_120640.jpg

2012-01-252.jpg

2012-01-251.jpg

Next to my G24(t) Build, its a FN .308, Israeli Used, now Czech looking bastard rifle.

2012-01-25.jpg

Please Post a Close Up of the Bases they look to be Welded in place .
Is that the case . Best Regards

No serials on the mounts and the scope's nr number is NR.11068

Pics

IMG_20120122_120640.jpg

2012-01-252.jpg

2012-01-251.jpg

Next to my G24(t) Build, its a FN .308, Israeli Used, now Czech looking bastard rifle.

2012-01-25.jpg

Are the Bases welded on to the Receiver it looks as if they are from the Pics .
If it is in fact welded ,forget Original . Need Good Pics of Bases . Best Regards

Sorry for the VERY LATE AND NECRO reply, I do know the gun is not original....it was BUILT (read original post ;) ) but they are welded on, they were suppost to be dove tailed but when I talked to the guy that built it he said (I have a small penis) it and welded them after he grinded them to fit the 98, again no serial numbers on the bases, single on the a$$ end of the receiver, double claw up front.

THANKS for the rough date on the scope! Wow...1910s??? I thought it was after WWI!

Good looking rifle, I guess you were trying to re-create this type of 98K sniper rifle:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-216-0417-19,_Russland,_Soldaten_in_Stellung.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back