Third Party Press

bcd4 LSR 84937

sturmgrenadier

Picked this up on GB in 2017, 4 photos. I asked farb what he though, and he said "fucking buy that thing man". I have to thank Dave, Brian and Bruce for helping me track down original lever and locknut. The arctic shield came off a mint unissued late bek scope that Matt and I picked up. Photos were shot with both light diffusers and natural light. To

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 003a.jpg
    003a.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 166
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 009a.jpg
    009a.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
second batch

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 71
Very, very nice! I love bek scopes on these late LSR rifles.

Thanks for posting, and nice photo work!

Jeff

Very nice Damian. I kind of forgot that your serial was so close to mine until you posted this. Thanks for posting such great pictures.

Very nice Damian. I kind of forgot that your serial was so close to mine until you posted this. Thanks for posting such great pictures.

Thanks guys, Brian we spoke about the letter code that was stamped behind the routed cutout in the stock, mine looks like the number 4. I’m curious if others have number stamp or letter on their bcd LSRs.

Thanks guys, Brian we spoke about the letter code that was stamped behind the routed cutout in the stock, mine looks like the number 4. I’m curious if others have number stamp or letter on their bcd LSRs.

Mine is a letter J where you have a 4. I suppose it is a process stamp. I have seen it on other as well. The ones I have seen were usually letters. Maybe someone else has seen others and they will speak up. I think your stock and rifle look great.

Current thread

Obligatory kudos....just kidding.
This was a good pickup with little on the front end.

Nice rig!

Nice rifle. I really like Gustloff long side rails. I added this one to the Pic Sticky thread.

First time I see a bek+ sunshade larger diameter than the objective housing. Since you said that originates from a late bek+ scope - did they have larger (outer) diameters by then?

First time I see a bek+ sunshade larger diameter than the objective housing. Since you said that originates from a late bek+ scope - did they have larger (outer) diameters by then?

George, Dave and we’re discussing that last night. Just to clarify: the sunshield is original to my scope, it’s approximately 1 MM larger in diameter than the objective bell. I’ll post a photo of the NOS scope. The arctic shield came off of the unissued scope, it’s a few hundred numbers after my scope.

Last edited:
Should had read better then, you clearly stated the artic sunshade came from another scope, not the rainshield. Sorry! Nevertheless the first time I see a sunshade on a bek+ that has larger diameter than the bek+ scope. Saw the holes for water are on bottom of your rainshield, so could well be original to it. Still, first time to see that. What did Dave think of it?

What is the outer diameter of your rainshield and the inner diameter? And the diameter of your objective housing on the bek+, maybe we can compare this.

Should had read better then, you clearly stated the artic sunshade came from another scope, not the rainshield. Sorry! Nevertheless the first time I see a sunshade on a bek+ that has larger diameter than the bek+ scope. Saw the holes for water are on bottom of your rainshield, so could well be original to it. Still, first time to see that. What did Dave think of it?

What is the outer diameter of your rainshield and the inner diameter? And the diameter of your objective housing on the bek+, maybe we can compare this.

George, it was my mistake I fixed it in the OP. Yes the sunshade is definitely original to the scope. I can can measure it’s when I get home from work.

Crazy as Damien pointed out , him and I were just discussing this last night . I noticed the Sunshade on Damien`s bek was this type that fits over the front lens housing . This is not the first one I have seen but all others that I have seen were all on 78XXX Range bek scopes . Its interesting that I have yet to see this type Sunshade on a bek High Turret Scope thats in 77XXX range nor have I seen this type Sunshade on the 79XXX range bek LSR Scope.

In no way am I saying this is the norm I am just pointing out what I have seen and or recorded .

Just threw it on the dial caliper, the OD of the objective bell is 37.79 mm. The outside diameter of the sunshield / rainshield is 38.88 mm.

Just threw it on the dial caliper, the OD of the objective bell is 37.79 mm. The outside diameter of the sunshield / rainshield is 38.88 mm.

That is interesting. I've checked three bek+ and all of them have the larger 38,7-38,8mm diameter on both parts. Seems your objective bell is of a smaller diameter.
Can others measure their bek+ scopes as well?

I don't have a caliper, etc, but I will try.

Perhaps this merits a seperate thread on these scopes as a sticky?

Jeff

Military Rifle Journal
Back