Third Party Press

G43 bcd b block up for review

Also due to firing corrosive ammo there is a ring of pittng around the firing pin hole, I have encountered that before on soviet firearms but is that an issue on a g43 if I were to fire it? I have a shooters kit ready to install on it.

Another thing the charging handle easily unscrews is that normal?
Code:
Lastly while cycling the action it felt kind of clunky and odd , is that normal?

This is my first g43 and I’m not sure if it’s because I’m not familiar with the platform.
Only thing close that I have would be my svt40.

I think you will love shooting them, They're bit more prevalent on the recoil than SVT. The SVT has less recoil than G43 but then you would love a G41 doesn't feel like 8mm at all. Feels more like 243win. have you shot G41 you would love it as well.
BTW
Code:
Lastly while cycling the action it felt kind of clunky and odd , is that normal?
Yes, they are all like that very normal.

These rifles are known for a particularly violent action when fired with full power service ammo. It's due to the design. This can cause receivers to eventually crack at the rear. A successful effort to remedy this problem was made right at the end of the war, when Walther produced a product improved K-43. Among other distinctive fixes and changes was a pair of 3mm gas relief holes in the gas cylinder which allowed gas to bleed off, taming the violence of the action. There were other mods, including a repositioned stock recoil bolt. Only Walther made these improvements. IIRC, they have only been seen only seen on ac 45 c and d block rifles, but I don't have my reference book in front of me at the moment.

Also due to firing corrosive ammo there is a ring of pittng around the firing pin hole, I have encountered that before on soviet firearms but is that an issue on a g43 if I were to fire it? I have a shooters kit ready to install on it.

Another thing the charging handle easily unscrews is that normal?

This is my first g43 and I’m not sure if it’s because I’m not familiar with the platform.
Only thing close that I have would be my svt40.

Usually a ring of erosion around the firing pin hole is caused by leaking primers,loose primer pockets.should be alright to shoot.
The metal is very thin at the bolt face,not advisable to dry fire,it will bow out the front of the bolt,I always use dummy rounds in mine when dry firing.
The charging handle should not unscrew,usually peened after it was installed,a drop of loctite should fix that.
With a shooters kit the're a lot of fun to shoot,start with the smallest orifice and work up so that it cycles reliably,but not beat the rear of the receiver up.

Military Rifle Journal
Back