Third Party Press

Folding Entrenching Tool (Klappspaten)

sapper44

Did the Folding Entrenching Tool (Klappspaten) ever get modified? Specifically was the handle ever shortened? Would this have happened with any e-tool?
Thanks;
Christian

Did the Folding Entrenching Tool (Klappspaten) ever get modified? Specifically was the handle ever shortened? Would this have happened with any e-tool?
Thanks;
Christian

I've never heard of it being done, nor ever saw any so modified or pictures of any of them like that...typically the Germans were very strict with modifications...as in the Spiess would likely break it over your head if you did that...

Don't believe the FJ ever modified them like US Para's but I'd have to check my references....

What Pzjgr said. I've seen US straight tools shortened, for MG crews, paras perhaps. I've never seen a German e-tool, straight or folding, cut down. I wouldn't want one cut down. The purpose of it is digging holes, filling sandbags, and perhaps creasing skulls. The German straight handle is perfect for such things. The DAK preferred a straight tool from what I've read as the folding mechanisms clogged. But I digress. I like etools.

Military Rifle Journal
Back