Third Party Press

Mauser 98 stock

Mlk1234

Hello I am new to the forum and have a question. I am currently building a mauser 98. I like the look of the original wood stocks, but I would like to find a composite version. Does anyone know of a company that offers a composite version that uses a two peice design and barrel bands. Thank you in advance

Mauser stock specs

I’m also trying to find specs of the original german Mauser stock. If you can find that you can reproduce it using a cloning machine in a composite material. I’m just looking for the complete specs to reproduce an original in walnut

I’m also trying to find specs of the original german Mauser stock. If you can find that you can reproduce it using a cloning machine in a composite material. I’m just looking for the complete specs to reproduce an original in walnut

PPHU Fox makes reproduction stocks that are fairly close, but are expensive. The only dimensions that your can really make use of as far as I know would be the blanks, as the finished stock is so contoured on the exterior that there's no real way to dimension it with say, a dimensioned drawing unless you only wanted the internal cutout dimensions for the action, magazine, etc.

Have you considered getting an actual stock and taking dimensions from that. Should be ok providing sample hasn't been sanded down. By cloning machine you mean a duplicator?

Military Rifle Journal
Back