Third Party Press

Thread: G43 barrel

Default G43 barrel

So i got a G43 barreled receiver and come to find out the barrel was replaced with a 30-06 barrel. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement barrel either original or new? I am going to have Apfeltor do the work once I get my hands on a proper barrel. He installed a barrel once for me before.

Quote Originally Posted by daltrey99 View Post
    So i got a G43 barreled receiver and come to find out the barrel was replaced with a 30-06 barrel. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement barrel either original or new? I am going to have Apfeltor do the work once I get my hands on a proper barrel. He installed a barrel once for me before.
    Swapping a barrel on G43 is not for the faint of heart or the uninitiated hence the difficulty in finding just a barrel @ least that has been my observation . Obviously Apfeltor can do it but you may have to buy a parts gun to get a usable tube . No saying they cant be found ,just that you rarely findf just a barrel..is typically attached to a receiver..

Isnt that outfit in Germany (SSD..?) remanufacturing G43"s . Might have some luck there ..but probably will be expensive , if even compatiable.
    Last edited by agalland; 04-26-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agalland View Post
    Swapping a barrel on G43 is not for the faint of heart or the uninitiated hence the difficulty in finding just a barrel @ least that has been my observation . Obviously Apfeltor can do it but you may have to buy a parts gun to get a usable tube . No saying they cant be found ,just that you rarely just a barreled..is typically attached to a receiver..

Isnt that outfit in Germany (SSD..?) remanufacturing G43"s . Might have some luck there ..but probably will be expensive , if even compatiable.
    I see that the French parts AASsniper98 site has a G43 barrel listed. I wonder if they are new or originals.

POA to install barrel on G43. so I have heard!

Quote Originally Posted by armenjs View Post
    POA to install barrel on G43. so I have heard!
    Yes, it is not easy but Apfeltor is a genius at it. He has done it for me once before and countless times for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by daltrey99 View Post

30/06? Could it have been from a Brazilian Model 954 semi auto base design of a German G43 rifle. They are all chambered in 30.06. Or perhaps Norway re barreled G43 like they did with K98's ??
    Last edited by k98dave; 05-20-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k98dave View Post
    30/06? Could it have been from a Brazilian Model 954 semi auto base design of a German G43 rifle. They are all chambered in 30.06. Or perhaps Norway re barreled G43 like they did with K98's ??
    I have a new barrel coming from France in 8mm and will send it off to Apfeltor once it gets here to bring it back to proper caliber and set up. There no marking on the installed barrel right now. It is a little bit fatter so I am thinking that it was done stateside. The barrel doesnt fit right in the stock. The gas block and sight are also custom made to the barrel.

Pressing a G43 barrel is not much more complicated that a M1 Carbine. Just need a press and to manufacture an aluminum jig.

Apfeltor is the way to go in the USA.