Third Party Press

Matching 1942 G33/40 1695 b Review/Opinions Sought

Personally? Bolt looks remembered to me, but the photos are terrible to try to make a definitive call on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks OK from the pics but we’ll need a good closeup of the bolt numbers and stock numbers. Also, all is relative. If the bolt is humped (i.e., renumbered) and you paid over $1500 for it you didn’t do well. If it is truly all matching with an untouched stock and you paid less than $2500 for it than you did fine. Assuming all matching and unmessed with, the further you get less than $2500, the better you’re doing.

Personally? Bolt looks remembered to me, but the photos are terrible to try to make a definitive call on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will add a lot more photos when I get it. Should be tomorrow. What would be an indication of a forced match on the bolt?

I will add a lot more photos when I get it. Should be tomorrow. What would be an indication of a forced match on the bolt?

Unevenly stamped numbers (such as the ones shown) and incorrect suffix stamp (like that one appears to be). Sometimes you can see the blue difference where the old number was polished off before the new one stamped. More photos will tell the tale.

RE: G 33/40 dot 1942 serial number 1695 b
(By posting the above a Google search will find it)

What Farb said and hence the reason for my comment. “Guns International” is a notorious venue for dumping humpjobs and fraud. Yes, one can occasionally sneak up on a jewel there, such as if while eating all day a giant bull elephant swallowed a silver dollar and then later, when he created a massive dung pile a large crowd of natives set upon that pile with oyster forks trying to find that silver dollar. For sure a single native is going to get that silver dollar, so if that’s you, congrats.

If someone got stuck with that 33/40 ID’d as a humpjob and needed to move it, recover their loss, what better way than Guns International as a consignment to get out from under it anonymously? Most of the gr@bass at funshows is after cheap deals on AR uppers and the market is small. No way to effectively get out from under a big dollar mistake there. Also, if one is humping such things are they going to post it for sale here or a high profile site where it is discussed? Dave’s good site has a forum dedicated to exposing auction turds. When you get it, post up excellent pics and we’ll let you know. BTW, “forced matched” is a bit of a humperwank carnival bark euphemism for “humped” or “faked” because it sounds better and more like the Germans themselves did it.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE SCREENSHOTS OF THE AD, SELLER, SERIAL SO YOU HAVE EVIDENCE FOR RETURN AND DOCUMENTATION EITHER WAY. Someone please do this and post same so this piece can be documented either way and upload them here.

ABBF9869-8C7C-4724-813E-DAB5947F522A.jpg85533847-29E0-4A56-99BC-8A73E305E13F.jpeg

Last edited:
RE: G 33/40 dot 1942 serial number 1695 b
(By posting the above a Google search will find it)

What Farb said and hence the reason for my comment. “Guns International” is a notorious venue for dumping humpjobs and fraud. Yes, one can occasionally sneak up on a jewel there, such as if while eating all day a giant bull elephant swallowed a silver dollar and then later, when he created a massive dung pile a large crowd of natives set upon that pile with oyster forks trying to find that silver dollar. For sure a single native is going to get that silver dollar, so if that’s you, congrats.

If someone got stuck with that 33/40 ID’d as a humpjob and needed to move it, recover their loss, what better way than Guns International as a consignment to get out from under it anonymously? Most of the gr@bass at funshows is after cheap deals on AR uppers and the market is small. No way to effectively get out from under a big dollar mistake there. Also, if one is humping such things are they going to post it for sale here or a high profile site where it is discussed? Dave’s good site has a forum dedicated to exposing auction turds. When you get it, post up excellent pics and we’ll let you know. BTW, “forces marched” is a bit of a humperwank carnival bark euphemism for “humped” or “faked” because it sounds better and more like the Germans themselves did it.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE SCREENSHOTS OF THE AD, SELLER, SERIAL SO YOU HAVE EVIDENCE FOR RETURN AND DOCUMENTATION EITHER WAY. Someone please do this and post same so this piece can be documented either way and upload them here.

I have screen shots and a money back guarantee, but I want to post pictures and get a consensus first. I would really like more details on what you mean with the bolt numbers. I've seen quite a few of these and it appears on even matching ones, the numbers don't always line up perfectly.

Will post more images when I receive.

I have screen shots and a money back guarantee, but I want to post pictures and get a consensus first. I would really like more details on what you mean with the bolt numbers. I've seen quite a few of these and it appears on even matching ones, the numbers don't always line up perfectly.

Will post more images when I receive.

Go here and review our reference library of vetted originals:
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?45-Picture-Reference-Index

Do a site search for “ 33/40 bolt numbers “. We’ve ID’d fakes here before, one good discussion recently. All one need do is a search.

All the years I have looked at Guns international listings I think I have gotten a good rifle maybe once or twice. Out of the hundreds of listings posted Hambone summed it up about rifle. Most of time it's either problem rifles, mismatched over priced garbage, or nice rifles priced three to four times what their worth.

Yes, I looked through the originals on this site and elsewhere before purchasing and had others look over it. I agree the images are terrible, but I guess I still have an untrained eye?!? What exactly are you saying is the issue?

I blew up the image and the font seems exact. Is the letter in the wrong place? Is the curve or placement of the numbers in the wrong place? Do you see evidence of heat or grinding that I cannot see? It will be interesting when better images are uploaded.

Unevenly stamped numbers (such as the ones shown) and incorrect suffix stamp (like that one appears to be). Sometimes you can see the blue difference where the old number was polished off before the new one stamped. More photos will tell the tale.

What do you mean unevenly spaces numbers? The arc, the space between? What exactly is wrong with the suffix stamp?

Will uploaded detailed images and look for a difference in the blueing.

Yes, I looked through the originals on this site and elsewhere before purchasing and had others look over it. I agree the images are terrible, but I guess I still have an untrained eye?!? What exactly are you saying is the issue?

I blew up the image and the font seems exact. Is the letter in the wrong place? Is the curve or placement of the numbers in the wrong place? Do you see evidence of heat or grinding that I cannot see? It will be interesting when better images are uploaded.

I am saying that I have immediate concerns with respect to the serial font on the bolt handle, the way the serial numbers are placed, the appearance of the manner the bolt numbers are stamped, i.e. depth and application, and the appearance of the bolt stem itself under the serials which appears like it was polished and refinished. Of course, digital photography can sometimes make good number stamps look bad and can make bad stamps sometimes look good. That's why I withheld anything definitive until I get your pics. When you get it in and take pics of a quality at least consistent with those in the recent thread I posted the link to, we can make an assessment. I don't know who vetted it for you, but I didn't see it vetted here by our guys, who are at other forums too, but primarily here. Who and what forum vetted it for you? I'm hopeful that all will be good and you got a good price on an all matching dot 1942. We aren't here to sh!t on peoples' dreams, but to promote the truth and facts.

First, the bolt on the subject rifle, next an original b block dot 1942 G.33/40 bolt, and a comparison photo:

IMG_4772 - Copy.jpgpix892948683.jpg3340 bolts compare.JPG

First, the bolt on the subject rifle, next an original b block dot 1942 G.33/40 bolt, and a comparison photo:

View attachment 236550View attachment 236551View attachment 236552

Thank you! I appreciate your insight. It helps hearing/seeing exactly what the issues are that are concerning. I had several collectors that I trust in the Northern VA area take a look at the images, none brought up the issue you all have noticed, but all commented that the images were poor and they are self-admittedly allied gun guys, not German gun guys. I appreciate the insight, which is why I posted the link. I have a guy in PA who is willing to take a look at it but not until after the whole COVID thing blows over, and I only have 10 days return with the seller. I hope it is correct and the photo is distorting it as well, but we shall see tomorrow.

I see in the images what you are talking about with regard to the numbers not lining up. The b seems to be in the correct place, but I think the paint is making it hard to tell placement, font, and depth. I will look over the verified bolts again. Were all the numbers 100% lined up on every bolt you have seen. This seems like a pretty simple thing to get "right" if one were faking it...

That white china pencil number filling was an 80s / early 90s thing. It's also done to make fake numbering harder to discern. Your best information on this issue will come from the guys here.

I would take gun oil and a brass brush and remove the china pencil. Snap a better photo and look at the "9" which is characteristic from dot, and compare...

Attachments

• 719.jpg
    719.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 68
We aren't here to sh!t on peoples' dreams, but to promote the truth and facts.

That's the truth brother. I'm sure there's times it seems like I'm being an a$$ but sometimes it's not easy to accept or see, especially if it hurts. I wish I had such earlier in my life.

..look at the "9" which is characteristic from dot, and compare...

There is some nuance WRT the font and placement of markings that can be VERY particular to certain manufacturers in certain time frames that is either right or wrong. Period. Not always but often enough.

Military Rifle Journal
Back