Third Party Press

WOW - not sure whether to be impressed or puke

Seems high to me, but don't know what SKM dou 44's are going for. Certainly not as ridiculous as some other recent auction posts.

Nice rifle and a lot of people at home on the computer with stimulus money.

Assuming the high bidder is a real person he's a frequent buyer and has little knowledge. As he's the same guy who bought the humped bolt 42/40

At least this dou44 seems legit. Lots of un-informed people like to spends lots of money.. Keeps the economy going.. :facepalm:

Assuming the high bidder is a real person he's a frequent buyer and has little knowledge. As he's the same guy who bought the humped bolt 42/40

At least this dou44 seems legit. Lots of un-informed people like to spends lots of money.. Keeps the economy going.. :facepalm:

Thanks for pointing that out. He's a frequent flyer on the grey blanket for sure. Also bought from 'folk_fan' and 'uncommonwealth' so there's that too. Lot's of disposable income I suppose?

Current thead

Winning bidder is definitely uninformed as that 42-1940 had a renumbered bolt and not by the Germans.
Sad waste of money.

I keep scrolling when I see the grey blanket. He has had some over that years that I wouldn't have minded owning. The very low start bids are eye catching. But I've seen too many get jacked up in bidding wars. Even full untouched MUM Type 99's get more on his auctions than elsewhere.

Rather spend my hard earned money on some quality bud light than on this scam artist

Isn't "quality Bud Light" the same as "military intelligence" or "ethical journalism"? :happy0180: I worked for a large AB distributor for 10 years. Even at 16 (I worked there then too) I could drink myself sober on Bud Light and would transist straight to the hangover, skipping the buzz part. My main day to day go to is Stella.

As for the prices paid, where are these people when I sell something?

Isn't "quality Bud Light" the same as "military intelligence" or "ethical journalism"? :happy0180: I worked for a large AB distributor for 10 years. Even at 16 (I worked there then too) I could drink myself sober on Bud Light and would transist straight to the hangover, skipping the buzz part. My main day to day go to is Stella.

As for the prices paid, where are these people when I sell something?

I know right? I once saw a bidding war over one of those MGC68 replica MP40's on ebay that sold for $1600. I had one and thought I'll just list mine with the same start bid price of $500. It closed at $535. Where were those two guys, or at least the one guy that lost the bidding war on the other one?

I know right? I once saw a bidding war over one of those MGC68 replica MP40's on ebay that sold for $1600. I had one and thought I'll just list mine with the same start bid price of $500. It closed at $535. Where were those two guys, or at least the one guy that lost the bidding war on the other one?

If they were around when I was selling I would put stuff at auction from time to time. I've auctioned ONE rifle in probably 15 years.

I've often said an auction is an event more than a sale. So many factors have to happen to get that result to re-occur. Its like chemistry or baking take out one element or ingredient the result is totally different.
It may never happen again even with a similar example.

Personally, I never bought rifles, just few odd stuff. Have you seen G43 full package two weeks ago. he sold on GB , look it up, I posted on Daves page.

Military Rifle Journal
Back