Third Party Press

Rare Rifle at Springfield Armory Museum. Sturmgewehr 45

Very nice!

I handled the one at Bapty and Co' in London, but I believe it was part of a short run by an English outfit that made very convincing reproductions.

View attachment 236597

Very rare. I believe only a few prototypes were produced.

The only mostly authentic Gerät 06H in existence. The fugly banana shaped fantasy stock was made in the U.S. post war. Whoever took the picture had no idea how the rifle goes together. Suicide trigger.

tumblr_nyp2o4bWIa1rwjpnyo2_r1_1280.jpg

I remember these pictures. Someone took a tour at SA and has uploaded a great set of pictures to the net. There are other rare pieces that were visible in this set. Can't find the website now and I'm not sure I have saved them, so thanks for uploading these!

Noted the StG45 has a short(ened) mag. I remember long discussions on these on various boards.

Wow!

Thanks for the link! I would love to take a tour of that place. Wonder how many total guns they have??? Thanks for the link, very appreciated.

What are these, probably at the Walther factory shortly after capture? I count 16, some with magazines. Looks like a box of K43 magazines at bottom center.

Attachments

• WaltherFactory.jpg
    WaltherFactory.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 71
What are these, probably at the Walther factory shortly after capture? I count 16, some with magazines. Looks like a box of K43 magazines at bottom center.
Imagine owning all the guns pictured ... you'd be millionaire!

The rifles on the table is MKB42W ( Walther) one of 4 of the modells of rifles submitted for the trial s that resulted in the STG series of rifles. The MKB42H ( Haenel ) won the trial s and later was redesigned into MP43/1 and later MP43/MP44/ STG44

The only mostly authentic Gerät 06H in existence. The fugly banana shaped fantasy stock was made in the U.S. post war. Whoever took the picture had no idea how the rifle goes together. Suicide trigger.

tumblr_nyp2o4bWIa1rwjpnyo2_r1_1280.jpg

note the trigger pack it is identical to a g-3 H&K , yes I know they were both designed by the same team, but wow identical

Military Rifle Journal
Back