Third Party Press

Czech/Israeli K98/vz24

bigwagon

Saw this interesting K98 for sale in a local shop. Looks like it was built on an early Czech vz23 or vz24 receiver. The rest of the rifle is in standard Israeli K98 configuration with a birch stock, pinned sight hood, etc., but is still in 8mm caliber. Most of the Israeli K98s I have seen recently are converted to 7.62. Might need to add this one to the pile!

I like it! It looks to be in great shape. I really like that real early vz24 with the arched CS Zavody crest. It didn't last too long before being replaced. Depending on what they're asking for it I'd love to own it. Lot's of history there.

I think the price was $650. Might be able to get that down a bit. It was in very nice shape. Bore and stock were in excellent condition. Prices on Israeli K98s have been getting up there. I've seen some nice 7.62 conversions go over $1000 recently. This one still being in 8mm is interesting. Not sure how that affects value either way. I already have a really nice post-war Czech 7.62 so this would be a good complement to the collection.

Need more pics but if the balance is that shape and matched I’d buy it at $650.

Military Rifle Journal
Back