Third Party Press

G43 machined finish, where they come from?

Marloutre

After hours and hours to read this forum, I have one question :googlie

to illustrate my question I used photos from the forum, I apologize to the owners for the re-use of theses photos.:hail:

it is written everywhere that "aesthetic" receivers were produced in France by the MAS (Manufacture d'armes de Saint Etienne)
At the MAS, the waffenamp (stamp puch) used by the German army quality control was the WaA134

this kind of machined finish receivers has been used on BCD (Gustloff) and AC G43s.
but apparently this WaA134 marking does not appear in most cases.
by example: receiver without the WaA134 stamp:

and a receiver with this stamp

after the destruction of the BCD(Gustloff) factory, this kind of receivers has been used in AC (Walther) plants (perhaps only one of the 2 plants..)

so my question:
If all theses "aesthetic" receivers came from the MAS, why didn't they weren't all stamped with the WaA134?

Thx!!!

Im quite interested in this aswell. My Gewehr 43 has that same "Cosmetic Receiver" E block AC44

From I read, Gustloff "BCD" coded rifle were built at the Buchenwald Concentration camp until a RAF bombing raid destroyed the SS Rifle plant at Buchenwald on Aug 24th 1944, so ending production of Gustloff G43 riffle.
and then, the parts intended for the production of Gustloff "BCD" were donated to Walther (AC).
I think because Gustloff was a factory run by the SS, the parts were sent to the Walther-Werke II in KZ Neuengamme (SS plant too) rather than to the Walther Zella-Mehlis plant.
SS were not very sharing people.

theoretically, aesthetic receivers were made by the MAS for the Gustloff plant.
the GustLoff plant opened the feburary 16th 1944 and has been destroyed the August 24th 1944
source: https://books.google.fr/books?id=Po...QAQ#v=onepage&q=Gustloff-Werke II g43&f=false

according to the claus.espeholt website, the Walther e block has been produced in June 44.
http://espeholt.dk/images/scan1e.jpg

your Walther riffle produced in June 44 used a receiver produced theoretically exclusively for Gustloff production from Feb 44 to end of Aug 44....

an AC44 E block with an "aesthetic" receiver that is interesting !
May I ask you a photo from the markings please?

Thx!!

Many are stamped on the of the receiver where the bolt housing rear locks in place. Not all but many.

Marloutre I have some images that i will post in a few hours thank you for the insight that is really cool!!

Edit: Should I start a new thread for it?

Military Rifle Journal
Back