Third Party Press

making a sniper with reproduction parts

First post here! So I have a Mitchel Mauser I am trying to cover into a sniper without a gunsmith. Can anyone help me find repo parts for a mount and scope? I want to get the highest magnification I can get. If anyone can provide me direct links that would be great!

P.S. I dont know much about the different types of scope for the k98.

Well since it is a Mitchell Mauser that has lost all of its value, you want to do it yourself and you want maximum magnification, get yourself Weaver mounts and a chinese 60x scope.

Try Sarco or Accumounts. Avoid Red Star Mountain. Their scopes may look nice but wont hold up to the recoil of the rifle.

Unless you have a machine shop or access to specialized tools and you yourself have absolute confidence in what you are doing, there is little to no chance this will end well.
All K98K snipers had very specialized mount setups that require absolute knowledge, otherwise you'll have a turd on your hands (even more so since its a MM).

I'll be honest, if you're not willing to do setup for a repro k98k sniper right and have it sent to professional gunsmith, you're just wasting money and time when you can just by a Savage rifle with everything you need that will outshoot that Mitchel Mauser K98 any day.

Not trying to be mean or rude here, just this is a collector forum so its already touchy subject. If you're here for advice to make a proper K98k sniper repro and learn about all the types and history, people will more then be happy to share the knowledge I'm sure, as we're all here for the love and passion of the Mauser.

Unless you have a machine shop or access to specialized tools and you yourself have absolute confidence in what you are doing, there is little to no chance this will end well.
All K98K snipers had very specialized mount setups that require absolute knowledge, otherwise you'll have a turd on your hands (even more so since its a MM).

I'll be honest, if you're not willing to do setup for a repro k98k sniper right and have it sent to professional gunsmith, you're just wasting money and time when you can just by a Savage rifle with everything you need that will outshoot that Mitchel Mauser K98 any day.

Not trying to be mean or rude here, just this is a collector forum so its already touchy subject. If you're here for advice to make a proper K98k sniper repro and learn about all the types and history, people will more then be happy to share the knowledge I'm sure, as we're all here for the love and passion of the Mauser.

I think I didnt convey clearly what I wanted. I want to make a sniper from repo parts that has the highest magnification I can get. I know it can be done with a zf41 but I was hoping to get a better scope repo. I am not toally against a rail system, but a rail system with a repo german scope on top is a good second place.

I think I didnt convey clearly what I wanted. I want to make a sniper from repo parts that has the highest magnification I can get. I know it can be done with a zf41 but I was hoping to get a better scope repo. I am not toally against a rail system, but a rail system with a repo german scope on top is a good second place.

Sorry but the ZF41 scope is kind of a joke. It's a "marksman" scope
With only 1.5x and tiny sight picture.

What code is your MM?

I think you want a 4x zf39 type scope and mount unless
Your just going to use a modern scope and mount setup.

As mentioned above, the ZF41 scope was a 1.5x power magnification.

The mainstay of german scopes was 4x power Zielvier scopes made by different optic firms.

The historical highest power scope observed on K98k Sniper rifles was the Zeiss Zielsechs 6x power scope (but this was rare).
And was spotted on Long Side Rail and the Turret mount system.

Military Rifle Journal
Back