Third Party Press

1942 Mauser sold for $500.00 on GB was 3200 starting bid

Probably some sort of back door deal to save on GB fees, or some other deal was made privately like a trade and cash, so seller changed the BiN so buyer could get it for agreed price...

That would be my guess...

It would have been funny had someone pounced on the $500 before the deal ;) The more I look at this guy’s auctions the more my opinion is that he’s a shitehead. I recognize some of those pieces as being prior Gunbonker. So he swims around buying off Gunbonker, relisting, carnival barking, and marking way up? We are getting more and more doing this on Gunbonker. Many of them have shills. I’d like to have subpoena authority and get turned lose with an AT4 and IR$ audit team on all of them. It would be interesting I’m sure. These are all merely my opinions of course. Who are the bidders keeping all these sellers afloat? Any of you guys?

These are all merely my opinions of course. Who are the bidders keeping all these sellers afloat? Any of you guys?

Yup. I have many of those same 'opinions'. As far as the bidding pool it seems there's a small group of hardcore followers and at least some of them seem to have very deep pockets. New money? Inheritance? Ruscon61, 99th and some others have spent a lot of money on a lot of bad/questionable guns. Even more odd to me are the flippers bidding on other flippers guns. Only really 2 reasons IMO. They think their fake work is better than that guys fake work or they think they can re-flip it for even more money.

It would have been funny had someone pounced on the $500 before the deal ;) The more I look at this guy’s auctions the more my opinion is that he’s a shitehead. I recognize some of those pieces as being prior Gunbonker. So he swims around buying off Gunbonker, relisting, carnival barking, and marking way up? We are getting more and more doing this on Gunbonker. Many of them have shills. I’d like to have subpoena authority and get turned lose with an AT4 and IR$ audit team on all of them. It would be interesting I’m sure. These are all merely my opinions of course. Who are the bidders keeping all these sellers afloat? Any of you guys?

He's the guy with the most outrageous prices on Gunporker and fleeceBay. He never ever sells anything cheap. Selling this rifle for $500 reeks of a scam meant for circumventing fees.

I have seen this a lot recently in the pre 98 Mauser market. Moron A bids against me and buys rifle for $300. Relists with a "epic" moron novel about the rifle and sells for $1500 to moron B. Moron B "cleans it up" and adds to the epic moron novel and relists it for $3000. At which point Moron C buys it, and usually it disappears from gunbroker.

"MINTY" "FRESH" "CLOSET FIND"

If any of those three are in the title or description I stop reading and move on.

Yup. I have many of those same 'opinions'. As far as the bidding pool it seems there's a small group of hardcore followers and at least some of them seem to have very deep pockets. New money? Inheritance? Ruscon61, 99th and some others have spent a lot of money on a lot of bad/questionable guns. Even more odd to me are the flippers bidding on other flippers guns. Only really 2 reasons IMO. They think their fake work is better than that guys fake work or they think they can re-flip it for even more money.

Yep. Perhaps they are baffling each other with their own bullshit? I saw the same concept at work with the camo helmet market at WAF years back. There were about three or four waftards with more money than sense gobbling the bullshit, stories, and worshipping the words of another few dealers, toadies, etc. These codheads drove the prices way up with their own conduct. Then I think when they eventually realized that they were paying thousands for hundreds of dollars worth of modern art "exotic freshies", then then got disenchanted and sold their collections completely. Now the market that was previously driven up by fraud, bullshit, carnival barking, and a small group of nitwits with more money than sense has dropped precipitously. Their market graph is an inverted hockey stick. I have no sympathy for these clowns as they were generally forum attack monkeys too, publicly attacking those who dared to point out, "no, Luftwaffe ground troops did not paint their helmets in safety orange and neon lime because they wanted to have a helmet with German Flying Circus camo colors of WW1 as you claim." The silly a$$hole who bought that Flying Circus colors kamo "exotic freshie" for $3000 because his fellow waftards blessed it in their collecting committee is then shocked when none of them want to even give him $2000 for it, or even $1200 for it, oh my.

The same will happen with this K98k artificial lunacy. It's driven by bullshit and a few guys buying $2500 rifles for $4500, who have artificially driven up the market and who are not going to be able to sell them for that. They will get disenchanted, get divorced, go broke, or simply get out. Then what will be paid for such things? Who is left to pay such prices? Bullshit and shilling will only go so far until reality steps in to curb it.

Last edited:
The seller cut a side deal with the buyer and used the BIN to end the auction and cut GunBroker out of their fees. The advantage of this over just ending the auction with no bidder is that both parties can still leave negative feedback.

I've dealt with this seller on a couple items. His prices are high but he is very straightforward, will disclose anything, and doesn't appear to be hiding anything. The firearm I bought was vetted on this forum and a few by others in person whom I trust. He's a very interesting guy with a unique story.

I've dealt with this seller on a couple items. His prices are high but he is very straightforward, will disclose anything, and doesn't appear to be hiding anything. The firearm I bought was vetted on this forum and a few by others in person whom I trust. He's a very interesting guy with a unique story.

I've read his "story". I guess I'm a bit cynical because I get to hear a lot of stories in my line of work, many of which prove to be BS. People tend to like to BS when it means they make more money. When someone is trolling forums for free information to compete with the guys producing the knowledge and information and freely giving it, and giving nothing back in return, and in fact trying to exploit and jam everyone who produced the free knowledge and information he uses in his ads, well, you can see how it would create a bit of a sore spot in some of us. Of course, you can say that, this is capitalism, put on your big boy pants and move along. To that I would say, it's lucky that all of us who could be apex predators in various arenas don't conduct ourselves that way. For example, you'd be stuck with a humped up 33/40 worth about half what you paid and no one would vetting that clod with the interesting story. If I find out who he is here I'm banning account,because IMHO, he is parasitic with respect to our community and what we are doing here. I look forward to someone providing me his IP, which can be acquired through any emails from him.

In short, the free information you've already greatly benefitted from and been saved by is provided by people who do so as a courtesy to others. Those who provide the information and knowledge don't need the lesson. We don't get paid for providing it. So what happens when we see that we are being exploited by profiteers and auction parasites who use our generosity against us? Then, we decide not to be open and provide such information? Where are you then? With that guy's interesting stories and inflated prices. You are stuck with a high priced 33/40 with a humped bolt and the stories of the seller. Where is the hobby then with such sellers and those stuck overpriced and/or humped up stuff?

Last edited:
I've read his "story". I guess I'm a bit cynical because I get to hear a lot of stories in my line of work, many of which prove to be BS. People tend to like to BS when it means they make more money. When someone is trolling forums for free information to compete with the guys producing the knowledge and information and freely giving it, and giving nothing back in return, and in fact trying to exploit and jam everyone who produced the free knowledge and information he uses in his ads, well, you can see how it would create a bit of a sore spot in some of us. Of course, you can say that, this is capitalism, put on your big boy pants and move along. To that I would say, it's lucky that all of us who could be apex predators in various arenas don't conduct ourselves that way. For example, you'd be stuck with a humped up 33/40 worth about half what you paid and no one would vetting that clod with the interesting story. If I find out who he is here I'm banning account,because IMHO, he is parasitic with respect to our community and what we are doing here. I look forward to someone providing me his IP, which can be acquired through any emails from him.

Hambone you know his GB account just email him and wait for his response on one of his auctions. I think that would be plain and simple to fine that out.

SVW1945

Looking at his auctions its clear that he's one of the guys that cleaned out Numrich of all G41 and G43 parts so he could re-sell at crazy prices. Those G41 bolts were $99, Firing pin carrier was $50?

Hambone you know his GB account just email him and wait for his response on one of his auctions. I think that would be plain and simple to fine that out.

SVW1945

I'm waiting for someone to take the initiative. If no one wishes to do that and the behavior is condoned then it will remain so. It doesn't harm me, my collection is where it needs to be. In fact, his antics could in a way help me by artificially driving prices way up. If you're cool with that, great. Anyone can sit back and let someone else carry their water for them, and bitch and whinge about the free water. People are also free to not put in the time, and simply throw money at bullshit. I see a lot of that too and they invariably end up paying for more on the back end than the cost of putting in the quality time and then blaming their self inflicted wounds on others. :thumbsup: I'll take action when the information is provided to me.

I'm waiting for someone to take the initiative. If no one wishes to do that and the behavior is condoned then it will remain so. It doesn't harm me, my collection is where it needs to be. In fact, his antics could in a way help me by artificially driving prices way up. If you're cool with that, great. Anyone can sit back and let someone else carry their water for them, and bitch and whinge about the free water. People are also free to not put in the time, and simply throw money at bullshit. I see a lot of that too and they invariably end up paying for more on the back end than the cost of putting in the quality time and then blaming their self inflicted wounds on others. :thumbsup: I'll take action when the information is provided to me.

I'm sure someone will. I have not email him yet about his auctions.The prices are just going crazy by some idiots that don't know a RC or a hump up one from a Nice matching K98. I was watching that one And was shocked when it sold for 500.00

SVW1945

Looking at his auctions its clear that he's one of the guys that cleaned out Numrich of all G41 and G43 parts so he could re-sell at crazy prices. Those G41 bolts were $99, Firing pin carrier was $50?

Firing pin housings were $59.50, bolts were $119.30
I know for sure because I bought their last bolt, an extremely early G41 bolt with a locking lug cutout devoid of the dimple meant to prevent left/right lugs from being switched around.
I also lay the blame on smartypants eBay buyers who couldn't zip their pie holes and felt the need to contact high-price sellers and tell them "Hey, just wanna let ya know, I can get the same bolt for half your price at Numrich". Well, that back fired on them.

I'm sure someone will. I have not email him yet about his auctions.The prices are just going crazy by some idiots that don't know a RC or a hump up one from a Nice matching K98. I was watching that one And was shocked when it sold for 500.00

SVW1945

Well, you understand then the principles involved. Here we are, many guys of this forum, freely and openly vetting and sharing a wealth of information at a site which some of us (namely Bruce and Mike) pay for out of our own pockets, freely helping, etc., only to have parasites taking that free information graciously provided by us to use in auction carnival barking and to profit and compete and bid against us, stripping people of the very little benefit of all of the study, expense, books bought, time, etc. Should the auction profiteers, parasites, and hucksters be allowed to gain for free that which they use to profit greatly at our expense? Should they and those who support, aid, and abet such people be welcome here?

In short, the free information you've already greatly benefitted from and been saved by is provided by people who do so as a courtesy to others. Those who provide the information and knowledge don't need the lesson. We don't get paid for providing it. So what happens when we see that we are being exploited by profiteers and auction parasites who use our generosity against us? Then, we decide not to be open and provide such information? Where are you then? With that guy's interesting stories and inflated prices. You are stuck with a high priced 33/40 with a humped bolt and the stories of the seller. Where is the hobby then with such sellers and those stuck overpriced and/or humped up stuff?

I can't comment on his contributions or lack thereof on here. I just don't know enough about the situation to make an assessment. All I am saying is that to a new collector he was recommended as someone who has some solid pieces. I appreciate all the good and correct information I have received here and elsewhere.

I can't comment on his contributions or lack thereof on here. I just don't know enough about the situation to make an assessment. All I am saying is that to a new collector he was recommended as someone who has some solid pieces. I appreciate all the good and correct information I have received here and elsewhere.

His only "contributions" are the exploitation of the free information provided here to bid against us to then use the same information to carnival bark auctions re-selling the same pieces at grossly inflated prices. The hobby is being damaged by such behavior, IMHO. Like parasites, such people are not concerned with the long time viability of the host, only exploiting it while they are enriched sufficiently or until they kill it, then they move on to the next one. Some may only care to score a single K98k, for whatever reason, and could care less. But such people and their sellers do no good for the hobby the rest of us have bettered. So why should we freely help such people? These are all only my opinions, obviously. Someone invite him here to tell his interesting stories.

Military Rifle Journal
Back