Third Party Press

Turd Alert - bnz45 s block 9729s Gunbroker

heavy_mech

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual
So based off Ham's comment about another gem yesterday afternoon...

Post it up in its own thread and we can review it. Live auction exception because it is not original. The stock and bands are replaced and it is improperly advertised as original. It isn't IMHO, subject to the late war guys, i.e. Farb. The bands are not correct and replaced and so is the stock, which is a Mauser stock, not Steyr.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867556930

It should be discussed on its own thread for learning and warning.

And with that here we go. 2 pics of the 'original' Steyr Kriegsmodell stock off the above auction. Eagle WaA623_REALLY.jpgjust like Steyr did.jpg Toady legit right?

From the sellers description in the listing... "There is single Army acceptance Eagle WaA623 steyr proof on right side of stock –" Just like Steyr did it right? :) I mean there are ONLY 6 examples of s block rifles in the Pic reference here. And then some guy who might know a thing or 2 about them made a webpage specifically for these called latewar.com so there's that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tks HM.

Turd alert on Gunboards:
https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1149047-Turd-Alert-bnz-45-9729s-on-Gunbonker

Description and pics:
Turd Alert: bnz 45 9729s on Gunbonker
" 1945 kriegsmodell BNZ45 Steyr NAZI k98 Mauser WWII German rifle K 98 k98k " again, by seller Mauser1937

The description is misdescription, misdirection and carnival barking, IMHO. Don't get bogged down in a bunch of BS and pics. The stock and bands are clearly replaced. The bands are postwar and the stock is from a Mauser Oberndorf. Again, worth far less than half what is being asked, if that, IMHO.

bnz45 turd all.JPGbnz45 turd description.jpgbnz45 turd.JPGpix123149853.jpgpix343744351.jpgpix660796089.jpg

Tks HM.

Turd alert on Gunboards:
https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1149047-Turd-Alert-bnz-45-9729s-on-Gunbonker

Description and pics:
Turd Alert: bnz 45 9729s on Gunbonker
" 1945 kriegsmodell BNZ45 Steyr NAZI k98 Mauser WWII German rifle K 98 k98k " again, by seller Mauser1937

The description is misdescription, misdirection and carnival barking, IMHO. Don't get bogged down in a bunch of BS and pics. The stock and bands are clearly replaced. The bands are postwar and the stock is from a Mauser Oberndorf. Again, worth far less than half what is being asked, if that, IMHO.

View attachment 237443View attachment 237444View attachment 237445View attachment 237446View attachment 237447View attachment 237448
That Rifle is a Pile. But people will belive it.

Current thread

If this chump is going to be a drive-by profiteer, then bring it on.
Call out every gomer this guy posts up for sale.

HM, Bruce, what happened is we all quit even looking at his auctions due the ridiculous prices and long screeds of carnival barking with them. IMHO if we start watching we’ll spot more honkers and post them here so more people don’t get ripped off.

Hooray for Hambone! And yet another turd being called out! Seems an awful lot of em lately. Am sure it will never stop though. The unknowing, uncaring, bidding war types will continue to buy for inflated prices. Info is free but some could not be bothered and swallow the bullshit.

It’s great you guys call out bad rifles. I’m glad there’s transparency here with regards to on going auctions of guns with issues. I do have a question, I realize the bands and stock are replaced but is the bolt renumbered?

Honestly I think everything is good except the stock and fittings hence the sporter rescue theory.

It’s great you guys call out bad rifles. I’m glad there’s transparency here with regards to on going auctions of guns with issues. I do have a question, I realize the bands and stock are replaced but is the bolt renumbered?

Bolt is fine. It's a barreled action, likely a resurrected sporter, that was placed in a Mauser stock with postwar bands. The ad is rather deceptive in the illusion it attempts to create, e.g., :

"Rifle has no import marks or Russian capture, finish 100% authentic from WWII – GI WWII bring back souvenir…………." (Emphasis added)

IMHO, with all of the word salad and bullshit he wants you to see "100% authentic" but what he could claim is that he meant "finish 100% authentic" which the finish looks to be. It's rather crappy in any event for a bnz 45 and with the replaced stock maybe a $950-$1000 rifle, maybe, not a $2300 rifle. He probably bought it two weeks ago on Gunbonker for $750 or something and is fishing for a codhead who doesn't know any better with more money than sense. Also, how does he know it's a "GI WW2 bring back souvenir"? The odds are it was a "bringback" from a barrel in a Western Auto in 1967 for $29. Bubba then chopped the stock and used it to shoot milk jugs, beer cans, or hogs.

2Q88MGF.gif

Yes, thanks to all who care about the hobby & are willing to ID the crap being flogged on the various auction sites. I stopped looking there several months ago, as it all seemed fake cobbed-together stuff for big bucks.
So far, I’ve been too slow to find a rifle here, but the education makes it worth the wait.

THANK YOU !

Yes, thanks to all who care about the hobby & are willing to ID the crap being flogged on the various auction sites. I stopped looking there several months ago, as it all seemed fake cobbed-together stuff for big bucks.
So far, I’ve been too slow to find a rifle here, but the education makes it worth the wait.

THANK YOU !

You'll find one, be patient. Guys here will help you privately too.

Is there a place I don't know about for all proven turds and hump jobs? They always seem to come back to haunt us.

Gun Broker has a dozen of his guns up for sale at any given time.

And, yes, he is a Hump Meister .........

Is there a place I don't know about for all proven turds and hump jobs? They always seem to come back to haunt us.

We do have a “turd alert” sticky section to always have a record of them. Also, by using the term “turd alert” , which is eh, rather unique, that term can be searched. Or, if one runs across one again one should be able to site search the maker and serial and see if it gets a hit, or even google it. Many of the fish snapping at this stuff won’t ever do that, but we can at least stop them from being passed around. Better to have the one fish stuck with the mistake than others burned by it.

Gun Broker has a dozen of his guns up for sale at any given time.

And, yes, he is a Hump Meister .........

I think he may just catfish all about Gunbonker looking for things he can buy, mark way up, and carnival bark and flip. In that process he gets some honkers and those get flipped too. He may be attracting other fish with more money than sense who read the BS and see all the shiny pictures and start jumping at his stuff. He may not be humping the stuff, such as the G.41 front end, because he provides such clear pics that show it. Maybe the pics help get around the return after 3 day inspect, because it is there for everyone to see. He does seem to buy parts and such....

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back