Third Party Press

Rescued a neglected K98

Allow me to introduce myself as someone who learned to shoot as a kid growing up on a farm, using the ubiquitous .22 bolt action rifle that fired short, long, and long rifle bullets. I own a few firearms now, and recently picked up an old Mauser.

My local gun store housed an orphaned 8mm Mauser K98 for over a year. It resided, rather forlornly, in the used rifle rack, dressed in the ugliest 1950s sporter stock I have ever seen. (I suppose that's why it was ignored so long.)
Mauser K98 left side original.jpg

The last time I went to that store, I saw that price had been reduced to $150. I looked it over more carefully, instead of with the disdain I had displayed in the past. What the heck, I thought, the stock might be ugly, but it's still a Mauser. I bought it, took it home, and a few days later found an aftermarket sporter stock that looks a whole lot better.

left side.jpg

I'll post questions and pics in the appropriate sub-forums; I don't want to clutter up this introduction forum. I just wanted to say hi and let y'all know where I'm coming from.

Attachments

• right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 44

Military Rifle Journal
Back