Third Party Press

Fake SS sniper

Warrior1354

ax - hole
I was contacted by a good collector friend of mine about this rifle this evening. From what he told me the owner believes this is a genuine original rifle and refuses to post it here because he believes there's nothing but Mitchell Mauser rifles discussed here. He flat-out says this is a correct example just like the ones in the books. But I want you guys to look past all the fake numbering, renumbered parts, and all the rebluing. Take a close look at that barrel where it meets the receiver and you tell me if that's something that would have left an SS Depot.

Attachments

• output(4).jpg
    output(4).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 186
  • output(3).jpg
    output(3).jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 157
I found a picture of the original owner as well being he didn't want to listen to reason from two very experienced collectors.

Attachments

• D7kcM4KXkAIsr3R.jpg
    D7kcM4KXkAIsr3R.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 71
I’ve held this rifle and he offered it to me for sale. I already did a thread on it cause I wanted to see what others thought because if it was good to go, I would have bought it. Consensus was completely fake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve held this rifle and he offered it to me for sale. I already did a thread on it cause I wanted to see what others thought because if it was good to go, I would have bought it. Consensus was completely fake

Yeah, no beuno for sure.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I didn't realize you already had this posted here does the original owner realize the gap between the barrel and receiver? If so I would highly advise not shooting that rifle.

I didn't realize you already had this posted here does the original owner realize the gap between the barrel and receiver? If so I would highly advise not shooting that rifle.
It's at least a full turn too loose. Any armorer worth his salt wouldn't have let that slide.

That's for quick disassembly and to drain water for SS infiltration teams.
Lol! Damn, makes total sense now. . Maybe it was for SS paratroopers. That's what the big "S" on the receiver stands for. [emoji23]

The barrel got 2 def headz, meaning this snaaper raafle is twice as deadly as a regular K98.

LOL. Yeah it's cartoonishly bad. No WW2 German era amateur armorer wannabe would left this leave his hands. Dude must be so deep in fantasy land. Maybe Shooter and the Gestapo bois validated it for him and that's all he needs to be SURE?

LOL. Yeah it's cartoonishly bad. No WW2 German era amateur armorer wannabe would left this leave his hands. Dude must be so deep in fantasy land. Maybe Shooter and the Gestapo bois validated it for him and that's all he needs to be SURE?
Not only in fantasy land but was telling several forum members that they have plenty of opinions, but most of us probably don't own any k98k and he doesn't go to the forum because there's too much Mitchell's Mausers for him and we need to read up on these because they are all over BBOTW. (Shakes head)

His response every time is “did you read Law’s book.” Idk how many times he uses that. It’s old and therefore the info is not as accurate.

His response every time is “did you read Law’s book.” Idk how many times he uses that. It’s old and therefore the info is not as accurate.

and not to speak ill of one not here to defend himself, but I have heard Law himself had attempted to push humped rifles in the past on occasion

Oh he also claims it’s all matching. The rear sight has a non matching part. Just sayin..

Oh he also claims it’s all matching. The rear sight has a non matching part. Just sayin..

Just curious.. you mentioned he offered it for sale. You know how much?

Military Rifle Journal
Back