Third Party Press

3 ZF4 Sun/Rain Shields

Gunrunner

Going through the ZF4 accessories I have and what to make sure the two 3 clip shades are original, the 5 clip one I know is original because it was in a junk box at a gun show back in the '80s for $1.

Chuck

Attachments

• DSCF3453 (1280x936) (2).jpg
    DSCF3453 (1280x936) (2).jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF3454 (1280x818).jpg
    DSCF3454 (1280x818).jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF3455 (1280x856).jpg
    DSCF3455 (1280x856).jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 41
From these pics, I believe the 5 prong is the only original one. These sunshades were drawn through a die, and always leave some evidence of that..i.e. lengthwise scratches..look at the 5 prong compared to the other 2. Also, the "Step down" section will be a fairly sharp transition and not rounded off. Just my opinion here.

From these pics, I believe the 5 prong is the only original one. These sunshades were drawn through a die, and always leave some evidence of that..i.e. lengthwise scratches..look at the 5 prong compared to the other 2. Also, the "Step down" section will be a fairly sharp transition and not rounded off. Just my opinion here.

+1 on this. The lengthways striations are nearly always a key feature on these.

Yes I agree with Brian. 5 prong original. Others are reproductions.

I agree with Matt, 5 prong is the only original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back