Third Party Press

Schutztruppen Firearms book project

MichaelWC

Two or three months ago. A couple of friends suggested that I should write a book or guide about the firearms used by the Schutztruppen. I decided why not. I have been researching and writing a lot of notes for the last two months. I don't how long it will take me to finish this project because I would like the cover rifles and pistols. I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing this. If any of you have any pictures or any data amongst yourselves if you want to share that's fine. If you don't that's also fine. Jordan if you need any help on the colonial section of your book. I am willing to help you as well. I have complained enough notes to write an article about the firearms used in the Kamerun colony. Thank you.
https://surplused.com/index.php/2020/04/04/rifles-of-the-german-kamerun-schutztruppen/

Two or three months ago. A couple of friends suggested that I should write a book or guide about the firearms used by the Schutztruppen. I decided why not. I have been researching and writing a lot of notes for the last two months. I don't how long it will take me to finish this project because I would like the cover rifles and pistols. I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing this. If any of you have any pictures or any data amongst yourselves if you want to share that's fine. If you don't that's also fine. Jordan if you need any help on the colonial section of your book. I am willing to help you as well. I have complained enough notes to write an article about the firearms used in the Kamerun colony. Thank you.
https://surplused.com/index.php/2020/04/04/rifles-of-the-german-kamerun-schutztruppen/
Mike, the Kamerun article is a great start. Your passion for collecting the Schutztruppe items is very clear, and as one of the few of us here that actually owns a legit rifle, you have a good reason to learn more. You'll find a lot of help here. This is not my biggest area of expertise, but you know I'll help to the extent I can! I do have several bayonets and a officer Degen if you decide to get into edgeware in your book :)

Good luck buddy!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris. I think for right now. I will focus on the firearms and get to the edge weapons later on. Also Thanks Sam. As Chris knows I am in the process of writing a second article on the KS Gew98. It's just taking me a little longer to write.

Military Rifle Journal
Back