Third Party Press

FP 45 "Lliberator"

08/15

I like to show you a gun, that took me a long time to find.
It´s a FP45, or called "Liberator".

The gun is bigger than it looks...
IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg
The spacious 10 round magazin
IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

That is such a unique piece of US Military History. That's one which I have never owned.
I remember them at Gun Shows going for $100 back in the 1970's and not buying one. Big mistake on my part.

Those are really cool. I wanted one but heard they make repros and don’t know enough to distinguish a real one.

Hat die Waffe einen Neubeschuss und Frankonia-Stempel? Erstaunlicherweise sind sehr viele davon mit dt. Beschuss zu finden.

I asked whether the gun has a commercial firing proof and retailer markings, since this is common to find them with that here in Europe.

Ja, sie hat deutschen Beschuss.
Sie scheinen doch einigermaßen stabil zu sein....

Yes, german fire proof.
It seems to be reasonably stable...
:thumbsup:

A mechanic I knew in the 70s had one he kept in his toolbox. Might have to look him up. What are they running these days?

So far as I know, the repros (all?) have rifled barrels.

That’s correct. The outfit in Kentucky that is making them was required by the ATF to rifle the barrels. Otherwise they would’ve been NFA regulated, maybe as an AOW?

That being said, I wouldn’t fire one with legitimate rifling. I’m not comfortable with adding that initial chamber pressure in a design that didn’t take it into account.

Liberator

I've had 4 of them. Years ago they were illegal because of the smooth bore. I had one with all welds broken. Banjomike

A neat find !
BTW, regarding shooting one........when I was a stupid teenager (an oxymoron?), I fired my father's bringback Liberator. He acquired it from a warehouse in the Philippines shortly after the Japanese surrender.

It was quite an unpleasant experience. One and done.
However, I still have it today. Definitely a safe queen.

Military Rifle Journal
Back