Third Party Press

Interesting dual mag set up MP44

interesting never seen before, as with any large capacity mag this is common for combat weapons. I fail to see the need to have such a device for the range, also at the cost of original mags it would be a waste, if you are using repo mags maybe worth it. but I would not know, I don't buy or use repo mags

Thanks for posting

Question #1: What would this mag accomplish? MP44's already have unreliable feeding as is because of the mag well angle, having another chunk of lead and steel dangling from the mag catch will certainly not improve the situation.

I don't believe there's ever been a dual barrel MP44, as the seller claims. And if one even existed, with a mag configuration like this, the two barrels would have been too close together to allow the left side to eject without interfering with the right side. Unless they moved the left side ejection port to eject out to the left. I call bullshit.

I can build a mag setup like this in one hour, give it the classic Polish seller "just found in the attic" treatment (wrap in vinegar soaked rag for a day, then leave it outside for a week), come back in a week from now and present another "rare" mag. What color do you prefer, blued with rust spots or mottled phosphate? The latter takes a couple days more because I first need to remove the blueing before phosphate and vinegar treatment. It will come with a COA and capture papers.

I don't know anything about it but looking at the pics it screams fake aged to me. Just the gut impression I got.

Question #1: What would this mag accomplish? MP44's already have unreliable feeding as is because of the mag well angle, having another chunk of lead and steel dangling from the mag catch will certainly not improve the situation.

I don't believe there's ever been a dual barrel MP44, as the seller claims. And if one even existed, with a mag configuration like this, the two barrels would have been too close together to allow the left side to eject without interfering with the right side. Unless they moved the left side ejection port to eject out to the left. I call bullshit.

I can build a mag setup like this in one hour, give it the classic Polish seller "just found in the attic" treatment (wrap in vinegar soaked rag for a day, then leave it outside for a week), come back in a week from now and present another "rare" mag. What color do you prefer, blued with rust spots or mottled phosphate? The latter takes a couple days more because I first need to remove the blueing before phosphate and vinegar treatment. It will come with a COA and capture papers.

Agreed.

A part of me wants this for the MP44 collection, it can go in my MP44 fantasy box next to the MP44 flashhider (with waffen stamps) the seller said it was for use with the Vampyr.

Coming soon:

The über-rare, vaporware mag pouch that would actually accommodate a double mag set up like this.

Military Rifle Journal
Back