Third Party Press

Police Bayonet Paul Weyersberg Matching

SVW1945

Here is one of my police bayonets matching. In excellent shape. Has number 51 on scabbard and hilt. And on the inside of the push button. . All so eagle B on the back side. In the curve. No other eagles any where on this bayonet. End of scabbard ball to no eagles. Never taken off the grips. Bought this for $ 25.00 back in the mid 90's .

SVW1945

Attachments

• police bayonet4.jpg
    police bayonet4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 38
  • police bayonet.jpg
    police bayonet.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 56
  • police bayonet1.jpg
    police bayonet1.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 59
  • police bayonet2.jpg
    police bayonet2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 50
  • police bayonet5.jpg
    police bayonet5.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 42
  • police bayonet6.jpg
    police bayonet6.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 36
  • police bayonet7.jpg
    police bayonet7.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 35
  • police bayonet8.jpg
    police bayonet8.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 34
  • police bayonet3.jpg
    police bayonet3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 34
Question is here why would be new numbered a old bayonet that already has a serial number, mostly by period refurbishment. b.r.Andy

I have police bayonet with very close number...

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
Very nice police contract behoerden (both examples). In regard to Andrej's comment toward the additional numbering. This is an issue or rack number applied at the unit level. Not a serial number or renumbering per se. Looks fine to me and not unusual to see on police bayonets. The serial numbers are close on the two bayonets but they are not from the same series. AlexMG's example is from the 1940 series or police contract. The set posted by SVW45 is from a later contract. Paul Weyersberg had a number of behoerden contracts to supply bayonets for the police. Serial numbering was reset at the beginning of each series of production. With this in mind bayonets can be found with the same serial number but from different production runs. This occurs in Police as well as RP/DRP contracts. Both are stamped with the Police Eagle B acceptance; the 1940 series to the spine and the later contract in the barrel groove. The Eagle B marked pieces are the most common encountered police bayonets.

Same opinion about the different series, even different police acceptance here. Personally i would like to see the details of pommel area both sides, the scratch on frog hook speak for reblueing, personally dont have in my dbase doubble serialed police items, only 2 reported so this is not obvious or typical. b.r.Andy

Military Rifle Journal
Back