Third Party Press

Elite Diamant

Humbarger

Looking at Slashes list for 1944 in the manufacturer codes sticky
i see no mention of Elite Diamant production for that year. Did they
cease bayonet manufacturing in 44?

I don’t hVe much clue about non 44 bayonets but I think they stopped after 40 or 41. I personally don’t recall seeing a i marked 42 dated blade....someone smarter will be able to confirm.

Elite Diamant ceased bayonet production in mid/late 1941. The last examples are stamped with the maker code i.

There were 17 original manufacturers, using the assigned "S-code" & then changing to their firm's name, applied to each maker's bayonets up to 1937. In 1938, Ferlach was added which made it 18 manufacturers thru 1939. It went back down to 16 when Durkopp & Gebr. Heller dropped out sometime in 1940. In 1941 Elite-Diamant (i) and J.Sch. (Jeeter & Scheer) both followed suite. However, Chatellerault (jwh) came on board, so the total number of manufacturers remained at 15 from 1942 into 1944. From what we know, only Horster (sgx), P. Weyersberg (crs) and Ferlach (bym) manufactured bayonets into 1945 (with those from Ferlach so dated apparently never leaving the factory in a assembled condition before WW2 ended).

Last edited:
A BIG THANK YOU for all the very educational and informative responses.
I've jumped into bayonet collecting with both feet without being very
educated as to the manufactures or the different rarities. I know I've
paid too much for the last two I bought but the way I figure it is that
no more are being made. So next year what I paid this year won't seem
like too much! :facepalm:

I bayonets

You're right Slash! When I started collecting there was very little information on bayonet manufacturers and whatever there was was very incomplete or even incorrect. I always tri#ed to pick up an example that didn't have. The longer I collected the more I saw what I was missing and the "i" code is one I haven't seen yet!

You're right Slash! When I started collecting there was very little information on bayonet manufacturers and whatever there was was very incomplete or even incorrect. I always tri#ed to pick up an example that didn't have. The longer I collected the more I saw what I was missing and the "i" code is one I haven't seen yet!

This forum has a ton of great information, very helpful! I have an "i" code one that I picked up a while ago but other than that I haven't seen many of them myself.

Military Rifle Journal
Back