Third Party Press

Thread: Wherpass Notice

Default Wherpass Notice

Tried to post a couple things last night but apparently they didn't go thru? Question on the attached. I've read this a notice that the person may be called up for active service at any time. Have also read that it is a call up (draft) notice. Could someone give me some clarification on this. Anytime spent in response sincerely appreciated!Wherpass Notice.jpg

I believe it is a notice that he is currently at a location/duty post for which he cannot be called to service, this notice is to be kept in his Wehrpass and produced if asked for; if his duty post/location changes then he is to report it immediately. Kind of the 1945 German version of essential worker pass, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by matthanne View Post
    I believe it is a notice that he is currently at a location/duty post for which he cannot be called to service, this notice is to be kept in his Wehrpass and produced if asked for; if his duty post/location changes then he is to report it immediately. Kind of the 1945 German version of essential worker pass, I guess.
    Thanks much. Very appreciated. I have several Wherpass that have those, so it must have been quite common. Much appreciated!

I have a different one of the same nature, produced for a scientist at the Berlin Humboldt University which kept him out of the war. The pass also has his postwar American registration sheet in it, and the front has three even intersecting lines through the HK.... Apparently after the war he moved to/stayed in the east, later published some small papers on chemical matters.