Third Party Press

Cool Matching Norwegian capture stock

Rutche

I thought i might share some cool pictures of the k98 stock that i have, its seemingly an all matching Norwegian Capture even the barrel bands match!! I don't know if you all finding interesting but i thought it was.
00D0DFE0-277B-48FA-9A09-0235235FA500.jpg
EBC4A6A7-BC12-40BF-A029-E3DFCB111634.jpg
876722DC-C179-4FB4-A529-6A8A3F5AFA0F.jpg
53D80846-DFF7-4E8F-8D71-604E2D81B630.jpg

Interesting.
Not seen a Norwegian capture stock renumbered that roughly inside. I've owned two (still have one of them) and seen quite a few others, and they were usually renumbered in pencil quite neatly in much smaller numbers inside the barrel recess.

The one I sold recently wasn't that far off in number from the one you have, it was numbered -77756-.

There were a lot of these for sale several years ago. The norwegians built 30.06 rifles out of the K98 and mostly kept them together numbers wise. FYI not captured but surrendered.

There were a lot of these for sale several years ago. The norwegians built 30.06 rifles out of the K98 and mostly kept them together numbers wise. FYI not captured but surrendered.

Technically, most of them were surrendered by Germans at some point.............:laugh:

However, as for the Norwegian K98kF1 which were the ones converted to 30-06 in the early 50's, very few were kept together numbers wise, as when they were re-barreled, the matching barrel bands and sight assemblies were often not put back with the rest of the rifle. All the F1 versions I've seen here in UK have a few minor miss-matched parts.
The F1 I used to own, was all matching except for the front barrel band, sight, and cleaning rod.

Whereas oddly, the ex-Norwegian Navy K98k I currently have is all matching except for the bolt and the butt plate. The Norwegian Navy kept their K98k's in original 7.92x57, they never converted them to 30-06.

Technically, most of them were surrendered by Germans at some point.............:laugh:

However, as for the Norwegian K98kF1 which were the ones converted to 30-06 in the early 50's, very few were kept together numbers wise, as when they were re-barreled, the matching barrel bands and sight assemblies were often not put back with the rest of the rifle. All the F1 versions I've seen here in UK have a few minor miss-matched parts.
The F1 I used to own, was all matching except for the front barrel band, sight, and cleaning rod.

Whereas oddly, the ex-Norwegian Navy K98k I currently have is all matching except for the bolt and the butt plate. The Norwegian Navy kept their K98k's in original 7.92x57, they never converted them to 30-06.

I have seen a lot of all matching ones, not re-numbered. FYI I had one. The stock sets being sold usually had all matching metal as well and these were taken off converted rifles. Hate to think what happened to the rest of the rifle.

I have seen a lot of all matching ones, not re-numbered. FYI I had one. The stock sets being sold usually had all matching metal as well and these were taken off converted rifles. Hate to think what happened to the rest of the rifle.

Especially considering what Norwegian rework k98k rifles bring when they come up for sale.

Oh, I'm sure there are some, I've just not seen any, and a dealer I know in the UK who I've known for many years, and has been dealing in K98's for several decades, and has had a good number of ex-Norwegian ones through his hands before they all dried up (I bought one of the last 2 he ever had back in 2018) said that the amount of all matching ones he's seen can be counted on fingers of one hand.

For many years, I've been trying to prize out of his hands, the absolutely mint all-matching ex-Norwegian Police G33/40 that he kept back for his own collection..... no chance of that happening though!

Especially considering what Norwegian rework k98k rifles bring when they come up for sale.

Do they go for a premium in the USA then?

Is that because they are cheaper to feed with ammo being 30-06, from those that want shooters rather than 'collectors' that don't shoot their safe queens....?

They had been in the $750-$1,100 range here, complete.. I sell the stocks or had been for a while. Supply is fleeting at best. The stocks are hands down the best you can aquire short of a bring back take off.

They had been in the $750-$1,100 range here, complete.

Equivalent of $750 here for one - but no more than that. Here they are 2/3 of the price of a similar condition K98k thats still in 7.92x57.

The only people here that are interested in buying them, if any come up for sale are the re-enactors, that can own a live firearm on a 'theatrical' licence, which means they can't purchase live ammo. For living history/re-enactment events, its not a problem, as the organisers employ licensed armourers that supply the relevant blank ammo, and the 30-06 blank ammo is a lot cheaper from them to buy off the armourers than any 7.92x57 blank ammo.

There was a member from Europe selling these Norwegian takeoff stocks for some time. They came with matching s/n bands and handguards and in the $200 range mostly. I do think the supply has mostly dried up though.

Been There - Done That

2010 with Ranger Dave in Holland

Picking the Cherries

The wooden bins in the picture were full of stocks. Took us most the day to go through them (and some hand cleaner).

Found 3 Armor's stocks. All the ones in the pictures we bought had shipped.

One of my best memories.

Attachments

• daves1.JPG
    daves1.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 46
  • mestocks.JPG
    mestocks.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 40
  • steves.JPG
    steves.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 44
  • stock23.JPG
    stock23.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 46
2010 with Ranger Dave in Holland

Picking the Cherries

The wooden bins in the picture were full of stocks. Took us most the day to go through them (and some hand cleaner).

Found 3 Armor's stocks. All the ones in the pictures we bought had shipped.

One of my best memories.

I'm guessing these are some of the removed stocks from all the K98k actions that the Norwegians dumped into the North Sea to stop them getting into civilian hands...?

Dunno

Have no idea what happened to the actions.

But all these sets had all the hardware kept matching including triggerguards. The only stock alteration to the sets was lengthing the triggerguard inletting at the front and rounding of the front of the mag wells to take 30-06 round.

North sea my butt, my source knows where several hundred barreled receivers are near him and another 900+ in northern Norway. I too have dealt with MANY of these stocks, mostly matching. Some even with complete trigger guard assemblies and screws. Even the rifles bolt in fewer cases. I have one set still, missing just the barreled receiver and sight parts for a 337/1940.
DSC04154.jpgDSC04634.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody over there willing to deal with the paperwork and red tape. One could file the proper papers with them here, line up an importer here to meet you at the airport and fly over and accompany them or a whole rifle back. You can still buy registered K98k-F1's there for $400-600. I still have a 1938 bSw there waiting.

unfortunately, I don't have a Norwegian barreled receiver, but I bought a fix me up barrel and receiver dou43 just need to clean off some rust with a copper brush and oil and should be alright to put in the stock

Military Rifle Journal
Back