Third Party Press

CRS over 40?

I was pretty sure your title was a reference to those of us over 40 who Can't Remember shite. That's pretty common. Carry on about the bayonet. If I did know anything about it, I apparently forgot.

I was pretty sure your title was a reference to those of us over 40 who Can't Remember shite. That's pretty common. Carry on about the bayonet. If I did know anything about it, I apparently forgot.
Crs for us old guys is can't remember shite..

There's no medication and no cure either! We die with it.😁

This is obviously P. Weyersberg produced in 1940? CRS over 40 on the blade. How rare are these?

Weyersberg began 1940 production with their bayonets stamped P. WEYERSBERG to the ricasso and 40 at the blade spine. Around the middle of the e block the maker/date mark changed to "crs" > 40. This marking was used until the end of 1940 production in the middle of the h block. So in the area of 30,000 pieces bear the "crs" > 40 marking. Hope this helps ....

As a matter of interest ...... For whatever reasons, the first pieces made in 1941 reverted to the 41 date on the spine and crs to the ricasso. Paul Weyersberg bayonets in 1940 and '41 could be the topic of a book study just in themselves. Also Humbarger; can you provide the serial number of the bayonet in question for my research? Many thanks in advance!

Thanks Humbarger! Seller has listed this a couple of times in the last few months .....

Lol........

When I first posted this thread I hadn't even remembered about CRS which
Is a phrase I use all the time! LOL

Look on fleabay. It's the only one like it. The seller is
nonpayingbidder72. Buy now 265.00

It's a decent bayonet, I would purchase it myself but not for 265. You don't see the crs code like that usually, in fact I don't ever remember seeing one on eBay like that before.

It's a decent bayonet, I would purchase it myself but not for 265. You don't see the crs code like that usually, in fact I don't ever remember seeing one on eBay like that before.

There is nothing unusual about the code. It is just the marking Weyersberg used during that period. Not exceptionally hard to find if you keep looking. crs with 41 on the spine is much, much more difficult to locate. As are several other 1940 - '41 Weyersberg variations ......

There is nothing unusual about the code. It is just the marking Weyersberg used during that period. Not exceptionally hard to find if you keep looking. crs with 41 on the spine is much, much more difficult to locate. As are several other 1940 - '41 Weyersberg variations ......

I know there is nothing unusual of the code itself, I just haven't seen one like this example. Then again, that's not a code I really seek after to collect.

Just made the seller a lowball offer just to feel him out. He accepted! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
He must have gotten tired of having that bayonet around. He hadn't got any hits on it in quite
A while. I was the first person to show any interest. Kinda like asking a girl to dance when I
Was young. You'll never find out till you ask! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Just made the seller a lowball offer just to feel him out. He accepted! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: He must have gotten tired of having that bayonet around. He hadn't got any hits on it in quite A while. I was the first person to show any interest. Kinda like asking a girl to dance when IWas young. You'll never find out till you ask! :facepalm:

Glad it worked out for you.

Military Rifle Journal
Back